Sunday, October 29, 2006

If I lose the highs at least I'm spared the lows

Feeling shit today has not been helped by the fact that I feel fucking awful for CM, lovely decent man that he is.

I feel a bitch that if I'm honest I would have chosen MW over him without a thought. I feel a bitch that even though our "relationship" is very casual and I haven't made him any promises about the future I fucked someone else last night and this morning and didn't think twice about it. I feel a bitch that I told him that if I was sleeping with him I wouldn't be sleeping with anybody else. I feel a bitch that I'm too much of a coward to speak to him about this. But most of all I feel sad that I don't feel the same way about such a great bloke as I felt about MW. And that he deserves someone that does feel that way about him.

I haven't seen him since last Sunday, after he'd stayed, mostly due to circumstances. And because of the MW thing I haven't gone out of my way to text him, to move things along while I'm potentially stoking other irons in the fire. So the sum of our contact this week has been a quick text from him on Wed evening, and a light and friendly reply from me, saying I would see him tonight.

This morning, before MW text me, I composed a text to CM saying the following:

"Hi CM, I'm sorry, I know this is a cowardly way to do this, I guess I am a coward. I've got a load of emotional head fuck stuff going on at the minute, and I don't think I can do more than mates right now. No matter how great you are. And you are bloody great! Just thought it was fairer to say now rather than later. It's probably not a good idea for you to come over tonight but I really hope I can still get to see you sometimes. I do really like you. I'm sorry. x"

I didn't send it, and then MW text me!

And although I know I'm being selfish and probably could legitimately be criticised for "using" CM, I've felt like I kind of need to have him around at the moment, I like him, in the most simple of ways, and he makes me feel good about myself, and I could do with some of that, particularly after this kick in the teeth. Judge that as you will.

So, this morning, instead, I sent him a fairly light and friendly text to see if he was still coming over tonight, to which he replied he was. And then, as is OG's fucked up way, I changed my mind. Decided that I'm not in a happy enough place to see him. That it wouldn't be fair to either of us. So I texted with an excuse about being knackered and not feeling great and could we make it in the week instead, to which I got a simple "Ok, yeah". And that made me feel worse.

But then, a little while later he rang me to see if I was okay (maybe to test the waters of our relationship??), and that made me really really sad. I had to really hold back the tears while I was speaking to him, and keep it very light and friendly, or I might not have trusted what came out of my mouth, and he deserves more than me offloading my crap and guilt on to him.

So things are as they were with him really. I don't know whether I should be pursuing it or not. Whether I should be calling it a day or not. Maybe I'm better off with the kind of constant CM provides than a constant search for something that may not be attainable?? Maybe I'll turn out to be a settler after all? Maybe, after I've recovered from this setback I'll go back to the risk taking? For now, maybe cowardly, maybe for the first time not burning my bridges with emotion rather than thought, I'm just delaying the decision. biding my time, for good or bad.

8 comments:

always kris said...

dont make any rash decisions about CM tonight. at least now, I hope, you have the MW question answered. give CM a chance to be good to you, you deserve it. you CANT fix MW!

Mummy said...

I think its fair to still keep CM avail, ur not being misleading or anything, as u dont really owe each other anything at this stage. I agree with Kris - you can't fix MW!

Anonymous said...

OG, a comment from a males perspective, Delete my comment if it offends you too much, cos offend you it will.

MW got what he wanted and you provided him with it. He wanted to get laid no strings attached. You provided him with what he needed, when he needed it. The its off he goes and spins you some SOB story, which is desigend to get you to try even harder to get him again cos you will feel sorry for the good boy with the good looks.
CM likes you, treats you well and what do you do?
Well you go for the good looking bloke and when he treats you like shyt you pine for him. This is something I will never as long as i live understand. It proves the old sayiong , good guys finish last. The good looking shitty guys get the girls and the attention and based on what you are saying here, if he came back for more you might give in again??? OG the only one who would can ever help you in this situation is you. Get over your past, stop putting out for those good looking shysters and give the good guys a chance.

I will never ever have sex when there is booze invloved. It creates shit and then people blame everything and everyone but themslves for the consequences of their actions when it all goes south.

Anonymous said...

love it joe, I dont normally have sex unless I am pissed, well most of the time, I am not a bad guy or a good looker, I guess the more I drink the better I bullshit, I suppose its an excuse for shaging what ever is left in the place I am drinking, so do we blame booze, or do we be honest, at the end of the night all thats left are the beasts, and thats when we pull, both men and woman, at that time we have had a good drink, then want to get laid, and then are happy with what ever is about, its the same for the girls, they get us, then next morning we are like, "oh shit, i didn't", when both partys think, who cares, I got laid. Just blame the booze.
Wayne x

Anonymous said...

Ooh it's that settling thing again! I've been in that position from both sides and it doesn;t get any easier either way! You can only go with what your instincts tell you, nobody else can even begin to advise! I know I've considered settling, but I've opted to keep the faith personally, I know I'll get that girl who is a whore in the bedroom but faithful and I could take to meet my mum one day!

Ordinary Girl said...

Thanks Joie, on both points.

Joe - Thanks for your comment. Of course I won't delete it, and actually I'm not offended at all. I'm not really that bothered about shagging him, to be honest I would have done anyway. My point, and the point of many women, is that we don't need the bullshit!!

I did like him, and I don't think I completely misread the situation, so I'm being completely honest with myself (otherwise what is the point of this blog?!)and admitting that I may give him a final chance.

That said, I'm not know pining ridiculously over him. I had a bad day, I liked him, I expected more of him, and yesterday I felt like shit to be going through another bullshit scenario. No lasting damage done though, I know that. Just bloody annoying!!

Your comments about good looking bad guys and the good guys I think I will post on to clear up.

For both you and Wayne, in case it wasn't clear, I wasn't drunk. I hardly drink. He had been drinking yes, but it wasn't as if I just bumped into him at the end of the night. If so, I would have expected it to be just the fuck. And as I said, I probably would have done anyway!

But he made a point of coming over 10miles to my hometown, something he never does, and as far as I know he wasn't drinking all day and night all week when he was texting and msning, or the night before when he again drove over just to see me, and nothing happened. I think that indicates an element of more than just wanting a fuck at the end of the night. Maybe I'm wrong to think that way, but I don't think so.

Wayne, I'm all for no strings sex for the sake of it, but it sounds like you need to up your standards a little honey. Or at least be honest, as nicely as you possibly can. You don't have to point out the minger bit, just be clear that it's a one night only thing. No offence x

Ordinary Girl said...

I'm with you on that one Sleepless. But no harm in some short term settling I don't think.

Mummy said...

I never settle. It doesnt matter how short, its a waste of your time