Sunday, October 22, 2006

Disturbing

I'm a little disturbed by how much I am attracted to a fellow blogger!! Without knowing what he looks like or anything about him other than what he writes on his blog and comments on others. I revel in reading his blog, yet today found myself ever so slightly jealous at some of his posts! Weird!!

I'm not going to embarrass myself or him by naming him. He may have picked up the vibe, you all may, it's not important to draw attention to him/it. I've certainly picked up on "connection vibes" between other fellow bloggers, again, not that I need to draw attention to individuals. I'm just posting about it because I'm curious about the fact that I feel like this, and would like to remember it for the future.

And I wonder... could two completely candid bloggers ever make the transition into a real time meeting? Would the frankness of writing be a help or a hindrance to that? I don't know, and right now it is not something that I am actively thinking about pursuing. It's just strange I think.

Perhaps I'm just horny!! Perhaps I'm attracted to complications. Perhaps I prefer the stuff of my head to the stuff of reality. Perhaps I shall always be a malcontent!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bugger,, Lost my last comment. Was saying that its was weird, I watch my Dido DVD today and here u are writing about her. Shes my fantasy girl, love the accent.

Home alone now as its late and time to take advantage of the time i have to "o".

Wild Cat said...

Whatever fantasies cure that 'itch' !! ;o)

always kris said...

I wanna know who!!! :-)
And tell who the others are, bust'em out!!! LOL I know, I know, I am bad!

OMG! I am sooooooo glad to hear someone else make a comment about feeling J over other comments! I just thought I was weird! I honestly think that you and I are so much alike.

Anonymous said...

I think it's almost inevitable that we will feel there is a connection with certain fellow bloggers and attraction is also a distinct possibility, even without knowing what people look like. Assuming people are honest in their blogs and represent themselves in a true light, you can get a feel for their personality, lifestyle and preferences!

So I'm not sure you should feel disturbed, more that you may have found a kindred soul in blogland?

Freddy said...

I agree that it is possible to form an attraction based on someone's writings.
Can it transcend into a physical meeting and more? Yeah I'd say so. Given that the mind is the biggest sexual organ in the body....

Tobiwan said...

Those feelings of attraction really aren't all that uncommon. I've felt that way about a few more bloggers than I would like to admit. Our imaginations tend to have rule over us whether or not we admit this.

I personally feel that having a connection with someone you've never met in person is possible and can result in a long term friendship even well before sex becomes an option.

always kris said...

I agree that it can too Tobi. I can vouch for that from personal past experiences, it wasnt from blogs or bloggers, but other forms of online experiences.

always kris said...

and because I cant shut up...I find it is a much deeper connection when you feel something for someone based upon intellict and not just a sexual urge, kind of like what you posted about today Tobi, about wanting to know if the girl could carry on a conversaion...
geesh, I dont ever feel like I make any sense! lol

Ordinary Girl said...

Well I have had some online connections with people before, only to be really disappointed physically when I have met them. Hey, I'm shallow, I accept that :-) Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo out there though... x

So watch this space... you just never know...!