Saturday, July 28, 2007

Summer days

The London presentation went well (I think), and I had a little chat with the relevant Home Office MP who was speaking before me, giving me the opportunity to do the necessary smarming and smiling required in these circumstances. I'm determined to get some Home Office recognition or national awards for the service and the team this year, so I'm trying to go anywhere and everywhere to do so. Unfortunately, I was down for outreach Thursday night, so it seemed a very long day, and I must say I'm very glad to not be back at work until Wednesday now, as I feel I need a few days off at the moment.

Much as the summer holidays may drive me mad, the beauty of them is that I usually only work a two or three day week (using up all my bloody annual leave mind!), which is great, although it means I'm then either trying to do 5 days work in 3 days, or I'm chasing my tail to catch up when September comes! I'm determined not to stress about it though, it's only work after all, and I know I do a good job most of the time.

Fortunately for me this week, at long last summer seems to have finally arrived, and the kids and I managed to spend a few hours yesterday afternoon at a local town park in lovely weather, followed by a trip round the tiny but friendly museum in the grounds.

Today, after X's swimming lessons, we took off again, this time to a local amusement park, joined by my Little Sister who was visiting for the day, where we enjoyed a lovely picnic, a round of crazy golf, a trip on the train, and a half hour boat ride (Y and LS rowed!). We also discovered that X and I weigh exactly the same on the see saw as Y and LS!! The weather has been really beautiful, and my back and shoulders are now a tingling pink, just waiting to dull down into a beautiful tan.

That said, I just went to let the cat out and now it's raining!

3 comments:

Vi said...

Ooohh, you were at the park I was at on Tuesday! Hopefully it wasn't as muddy for you as it was for us!

Alfie said...

Glad you had a nice day. Nobody is more deserving - except Emm and i perhaps.

Ordinary Girl said...

Lol, same old haunts Vi! And no, it wasnt muddy at all!

Lol Alfie - I wouldn't dream myself more deserving than you and Emm for a minute :-)