Sunday, July 08, 2007

Meme - 7 random things

In a vain attempt to put off what will become clear in this post, I am finally getting round to this meme from Lady!

1. I have very little balance. i can't ice skate, roller skate, skateboard, ski, etc etc. In fact, most of the time I don't feel safe - even when walking. Unless I'm barefoot, and inside, I never feel sure on my feet at all. I definitely wasn't a mountain goat in any previous existence!

2. With absolutely no self-pity, or sadness, or overdramatisation, I don't believe I will ever find another true love in my lifetime. It's a knowledge that I hope to be proved wrong. But I doubt it.

3. When I was younger I wanted to be famous. Now I realise I'm just too damn lazy!

4. I will eat almost anything (excepting slug-like fish stuff and macaroni cheese), but I drink hardly anything. I don't like the following - tea, coffee, milk, hot chocolate, milkshake, blackcurrant or apple juice/squash. I would rather parch than drink any of them. And I hardly ever drink alcohol. Really!

5. Despite being fairly sexually liberated, I have never kissed a girl. Ever. Or ever really contemplated it in real life. I don't have any big issues about it, I just don't fancy it.

6. I used to suffer from panic attacks. Several years ago now, out of the blue, they just came on! I can see the root cause now, but it took a good couple of years of slowly, slowly to get me back to normal. Now, they occasionally hover but I've made excellent progress, especially considering sole flying halfway across America in May.

7. I hate bathing at night. Absolutely hate it. Don't ask me why, one of those irrational fears born from too many horror movies (that incidentally I have never watched?!). Unless there is someone in the house, preferably awake and downstairs, or it is light, or I am on the phone I only do it if I absolutely have to. And then I do it as quickly as I can. With no other noise on in the house!

Bugger! Am I done already??

6 comments:

Midnight said...

I'm the same with the balance thing and it must be even harder with cleavage!

Red Lippy said...

I'd never thought of baths as scary but that kkinda made sense...grr don't pass on irrational fears!

Fire Byrd said...

Love this list, it's so truthful and honest.

Don't believe the bit about not finding the right man for yourself... But that just might be projection based on what i want!!
px

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

OG... Oh to be your hands for a night, Imagine the pleasure I could inflict.

U scared to shower at night, Alone I take it!?! Too weird. Still I guess thats what makes us unique. Joe

Anonymous said...

This is genius, have had to share it with Mr ATM who took a peak too at the "Still to Do List", and he says.. he'd like to see a "Still to do in my lifetime list"...

Ordinary Girl said...

Lol Vi. It would appear so :-)

Haha Middy, one of my exes (who incidentally had massive feet but was only about 5'6") used to always comment that he didnt know how I didnt just topple over!

Lol, lippy! Ooops, sorry love!!

Thank you pixiepie. Feel free to disbelieve :-) I was going to say 'well we live in hope', and then I realised that that's actually exactly what I'm not doing!! Cynical realist that I am :-)

Hey Joe. Sure you'd give it a good go!! Well I only have a bath (its an english thing, lol), and hate that. Showering just wouldnt happen!

Genius?? You flatter me!! And Mr ATM may have a point there. I will have a think and see if I can oblige...