Friday, July 06, 2007

Glum

Can't seem to shift this glum mood at the moment. I don't feel sad really, just flat. And a bit low. That's not to say that I'm miserable, because whilst I'm busy I'm quite laughy and jokey. It's just when I stop I can't seem to motivate myself really. Everything just seems dull, and I can't really put my finger on why.

I think money is a lot of it. I've been struggling to catch up since Vegas, especially with X and Y's birthdays within 7 weeks of each other, not to mention a bastard £200 bank charges (again!) in the last two months, and only £50 total maintenance from X's dad since April. Thought I had pretty much caught up, apart from 2 months of catalogue charges (about £240), and my after school bill (probably about £180), and then found out today I actually owe after school club (£360!). And I just don't know where I'm going to get that money unless Y goes without his Nintendo Wii, which I can't really do as I've promised him it now. It's just so disheartening to be scrabbling all the time. I just can't seem to get myself straight to stay that way.

I just feel worn out at the moment. And tonight my upper right arm is really achy, like I pulled a muscle, which is not awfully painful, just annoying. Can't even be bothered to go out for a few beers. Just seems a bit pointless at the moment.

On a more positive note, I got a fabulous cut and blow dry (think Posh Spice) today for just £10. It really needed doing but I couldn't afford it so was planning on waiting until next month, then a work mate gave me this voucher so decided to make the most of it, and am very pleased with it. Will at least feel a little professional next week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helloooo, like to cheer you up, however glum moodiness is abundant the world over apparently, although I had put it down to winter and cold, not sure you can do that in the middle of summer? Work is crap and I have a hangover from a little horse/dog racing last night (where I got a lot of 4th places...) and Chris wants to decorate the bathroom today....Keep chugging on, how about sending X & Y out to earn a crust..

Alfie said...

Overworked, underpaid, overspent. Frightful combination, which I remember only too well. With your sense of fun you'll survive, despite the bank charges. All bankers are w......

Quote said...

You can reclaim your bank charges.

Vi said...

aw mate, know whar you mean about money. Got red letters spilling out of my mail tray. At least it's sunny today!

Ordinary Girl said...

Bah to glumness ATM. And yes it must be a worldwide phenomena! I agree with Summer here, although apparently the weather does not!! Bloody rain! Hmmm, sending them out to earn a crust may be an option. That or getting myself a rich sugar daddy! Which, incidentally, I'm working on ;-)

Oh yes Alfie, I will survive alright! No other choice really!!

I am hoping to quote, have sent off the letter and now crossing fingers, and toes!

I know Vi. Sucks, doesnt it?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, claim the bank charges back - all you need to know at www.moneysavingexpert.com - I did it and have got back over £500 (plus another £3k at least still due). :)

Ordinary Girl said...

Welcome Mendicatus. I have sent the letter off, through moneysavingexpert. Glad to hear you were successful. How much did you have owed to you to reclaim £500, and was it with Abbey by chance? I'd be interested to know, but fine if not.