Friday, November 24, 2006

Return

I'm back!! I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday!!! Blimey g'vner! I have had a busy week and am now knackered. And I've also been a bit low this week. A combination of things really; struggling a bit with some self confidence issues (physically), but mainly this time of year I think. I'll be happier once we're into January!

So, what have I been up to? Well, I was poorly poorly Sunday and Monday (and now X is poorly tonight! Though thankfully no throwing up. Yet! I suspect I shall be having a little visitor into bed with me tonight!). I had outreach on Tuesday so didn't get back until late and was generally whacked out. Wednesday my friend Disco came round for the evening, pretty much straight from work, so we spent the evening yapping and gossiping as girlies do! (And what a suspicious mind you have Joe!!), then last night I went to see the new James Blond with CM.

A quick note on James Blond... I have to admit to being a tad doubtful at a blondies ability to pull it off properly, but having seen the film I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! He is a completely different Bond to those who have come before; a much more kick ass Bond, but it actually works. On the negative side, I thought it was pushing it a bit for a 12A (the torture scene was a bit too much I thought!), I missed the sleazy one liners that have been so much a part of the previous films, the plot was a little all over the place in parts, and the love stuff was way overplayed for my liking. They could easily have cut 75% of that and still got the feel. All in all though, it was a damn good watch and I'm much impressed with Mr Craig! (Still don't fancy him though!)

I am absolutely GUTTTED though, that I missed the last 2 bloody minutes!!!!!! Can you believe it! Twat! That's what I am! I was busting for a wee, and didn't want to go because I didn't want to miss anything, (it is a bit like that, non-stop action), but eventually right at the end (I know now!), it seemed like it was finishing and then started going into something else. So, bladder despairing I nipped out for a quick wee to be back for what I figured would be the last 15mins or so. I swear, I had literally just got off the toilet and was zipping my jeans when I heard the bloody theme tune coming through the ceiling from the cinema above!!! Gutted. And then I had to go through the embarrassment of wallking back up the stairs to the cinema as the entire audience was now coming down! I bet they were all thinking... Twat! And they'd be right. CM filled in the plot gap and I obviously didn't miss much, but still damn annoying!

Back to real life... I have a post half finished about my "criteria" for men, but I am really really struggling with it! I feel a bit at sixes and sevens at the moment, and just can't actually get straight in my head what it is I DO want. If anything at all to be honest. That combined with sickness, tiredness, this time of year, and a general body image crisis is not really a conducive atmosphere for figuring out what I want/need. I didn't think it would be this hard, but it is! So, I shall have to get my head around it a bit more first.

So, that's about it for now. Thanks to you all for checking in, I will try and catch up with blogs over the weekend, though I'm out partying Saturday night (assuming X is better of course!), so not sure how much time I will have. But I am sure normal service will resume shortly!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're up and about again :)

Vi said...

Welcome back, OG. It was weird not seeing you about!!!

Angela-la-la said...

GWS thoughts to X, isn't it a bugger how bugs run through everyone in the house and there's usually only one person that has to look after it all?

I feel you on the body issues too, is it this time of year or what?!

Mummy said...

Plsd youre feeling a bit better .. blonde bond helped somewhat. i thought for a minute u had missed 'that' scene (ive only seen the bit where he comes out of the water like a god)

Ordinary Girl said...

what's the bloody deal with blogger??? I can't sign in to change my posts!!!

always kris said...

I have never seen a James Bond movie.

Welcome back OG!!! I missed you!

Ordinary Girl said...

oh my god, oh my god Kris!!! How can you have never seen a James Bond movie?? You havent lived :-)