Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's culture, innit!

Following on from my previous post I thought I would do "a bit of culture like", and note my favourite books to date...

Absolute Must Reads!
'We Need to Talk About Kevin' - Lionel Shriver
'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' - Mitch Albom
'The Lovely Bones' - Alice Sebold
'My Secret Garden' - Nancy Friday

Highly Recommended!
'Rachel's Holiday' - Marian Keyes
'Wild Swans' - Jung Chang
'Tess of the D'Urbevilles' - Thomas Hardy
'Call Me Elizabeth' - Dawn Annandale
'Bleak House' - Charles Dickens

And finally...!

'Alphabet weekends' - Elizabeth Noble
'A Picture of Dorian Gray' - Oscar Wilde
'My Sister's Keeper' - Jodi Piccoult
'Playing Away' - Adele Parks
'Jude the Obscure' - Thomas Hardy
'Jemima J' - Jane Green
'Moll Flanders' - Daniel Defoe

Oh god! Can you tell I'm bored....?!!!

4 comments:

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Wow you are a Thomas Hardy Fan...So am I awesome writer so hard to beleive he wrote those overa 100 years ago???

Ordinary Girl said...

Yes indeed I am Joe. Very much so. Hardy, Dickens, and of course the fantastical Shakespeare (although obviously much harder to read in play form!) all absolutely rock my world. They are books I can just read over and over again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for recommending my book on your blog. Hope you enjoy the next one as much.

Ordinary Girl said...

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!! Dawn Annandale commented on MY blog!!!! I am flattered! Massively flattered. Thank you very much Dawn, and I am sure I will thoroughly enjoy your next book too!