Friday, November 03, 2006

Anonymous

There are places I remember,
All my life, though some have changed.
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain.

All these places have their moments,
With lovers and friends I still recall.
Some are dead and some are living,
In my life I've loved them all.

But of all these friends and lovers,
There is no one compares with you.
And these memories lose their meaning,
When I think of love as something new.

And I know I'll never lose affection,
For people and things that came before.
Though I'll often stop and think about them,
In my life I've loved you more.

6 comments:

Mummy said...

is this a song or poem? ifeel like i have read/heard it before?

tres cool. hope ur feeling better

Freddy said...

It's Lennon McCartney. Thank you for reminding me of it.

Wild Cat said...

Lovely.

Hope you're feeling better.
x

Anonymous said...

Top tune! I have an anuual 'pilgrimage' to see the Bootleg Bootles, complete with young(ish) Bootleg Groupies every year! It's a real fun night out

Ordinary Girl said...

Have to admit, it's the Rod Stewart version I love best of all!

always kris said...

Me too OG. A BF made me a tape (yes that was before CD's) once with a bunch of mushy songs and this was one of them. I love it!