Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fighting spirit

Of course you're still reading it? Of course?? I'm sorry but I don't see any "of course" about it?? And it amazes me that you can't see why I don't see that! Yes, I wanted you to read it, you're right, that is why I sent you the link, and yes I guess I wanted to still be connected to you in some way. But that is because I wanted it to make a difference to how we are now, because I wanted it to change us. As well as writing for a whole lot of reasons not connected to you. Do I want you to keep on reading it?? If it's not going to make a difference then I don't see why you would?

And actually, texting you had nothing at all to do with my blog. I texted you because I missed you, and because I wanted you to know that at that point in time all I wanted was to be hugged close to you somewhere warm and dark. Also, because I wanted you to know that if something happens to you its important to me that I would get to know about it. That was why I texted you. I don't see what that has to do with my blog, or how that helps me know you're reading it??? The two things aren't inter-related at all.

Two reasons you read eh? Because I'm writing about you and "what little I know about you now". Actually I don't write about you, because you're right, I don't know anything at all about your life now. (And yeah, I did get the single reference you dropped in by the way. Clever. And because you're no doubt interested to know, yes it bugs me that I want to know whether you've finished with prissy Paula or not. And yes it bugs me that it still makes me feel physically sick to think of you with somebody else. And yes it bugs me that right now I want to shake you, slap your face and fuck you, hard. All at the same time. Are you glad to know that?!). So, as I said, I don't write about you and your life, I write about me, and how I feel about you, about me, about our past, about my present, about my future. So, why would you be interested in that??

And you care about what happens to me??? Yeah, you care so much that you came into my life, led me to believe that you were here to stay, and then fucked off without any explanation. But yet you're still here!! And what are you going to do if something bad happens to me?? If I'm not alright?? Come back and make it all better? You should think long and hard about that, because one day you might no longer have the chance...

Or are you really here for another reason altogether?? I try to "put down what you're doing here"? I'm sure I don't! I don't criticise you being here, but I question what you're doing here, because you know, if I'm to believe what you tell yourself, I actually don't have a fucking clue why you're here!! Maybe because you can't actually let yourself not be?? How many times a day do you think about me Darren?? Honestly, how many times...? Because I would put money on the fact you can count it by the day! For once in your life, cut the fucking crap and take a long hard look at yourself!! Because frankly, I'm not buying either of your reasons at the moment.

And, of course, I'm the one that keeps this going! You know, I wonder if you really believe this?? Why is it in my hands to stop it? You're the one that wanted out! Why haven't you stopped it once and for all? You know you could have done a long long time ago!!

Yes I write my blog, and yes I sent you the link, but you choose to read it! And often, rather than not I would wager. Not just an occasional weekly check in eh? No, I'm sure not!! How many times have you checked in today Darren? Who are you trying to kid that this is just me that keeps this going?!! And yes I do text you (very very rarely now), and you could ignore them too, but instead you choose to reply saying you didn't get it and did I put a +1 at the front of the number. Thereby making sure I have the number!! But of course, it's just me keeping this going. You have no part in it at all! I mean, you wouldn't dream of posting about my kids on here, or song links that imply I just need to wait for you and you'll come back one day. Oh no, not you! You're too busy having a ball trying to get on with your life, right?

And don't patronise me Darren, you should know me better than that. It doesn't suit you to sound so smug in the knowledge that I'll always want you in my life. Though of course that has been how I have felt, and it may be how I feel again. I don't know. But what your comment tells me more than anything, is that I'm not the only one in denial here!! You badly underestimated me a long time ago, you might want to learn from that! Because you can kid yourself all you like, but you should know better than to think you can kid me. I may not know you as well as I thought, but then again, maybe I do still know you better than you know yourself...!

I'm not going to ask you to stop reading. I'm not going to give you the option of making it easy for you. Decide what you will. Let your stubborn Taurean streak do it's best or it's worse. I'm not going to stop blogging, and I'm strong enough to cope with whatever decision you make. So, you know what... do what the fuck you like! I'm done!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm O.G. This might sound weird, but this post kinda reminds of the scene in Fatal attraction... where she boils the bunny.
I think you two should just bale out now and stop this while the going is good.When you find the way to make another love you when they dont.. patent it, cos that would be the find of the centuary.

Anonymous said...

I agree- predictably perhaps- with Joe. If I were DM and were wavering over whether or not I wanted you back, this would not have the desired effect... sorry

Anonymous said...

You're entitled to your opinion Joe. I have to say I think you've read it wrong though. What I'm saying in this post is that I am bailing out. That I'm done. Finito! That my will is strong enough to leave it all alone now! But that I'm aware that he'll pop up again someday. I just know that. But if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Whatever!! Does that make me a bunny boiler?? Maybe. I don't think so.

Duddler, as above, but also to say that this post isn't about whether he is wavering. I think it's pretty fucking clear he isn't wavering! So, this post isn't about any effect on him coming back. Quite the opposite in fact!! I know this is likely to push him away further. If that's possible. That's fine. I'm done now!!

Just... Why? said...

Good on you OG.

Sometimes it's better to 'vent' in writing and get it off your chest for good somewhere where you KNOW the recipient is going to read it. (and let's face it Darren, I think we all know you're still reading this blog - I can't think of ANYONE I know who'd be able to stop themselves)

If this has helped you to move on properly then it was for the good. If you wanted him back someday, then I'd have to agree with the guys.

Vi said...

Good response OG, but I do agree with the guys, the last paragraph tells him you are still hanging on, and you are so much better than that. I did that with Rat while he was OS having the high life for 6 months, we were in contact with each other weekly if not daily I was hanging on to the 'one day we'll get back together'. Then he returned and got back together with his wife (who he wasnt in contact with at all while he was away). He's told you he's moved on (when guys say this they normally mean it) So it's your turn to do the same. Dont give him the satisfaction of you loving him anymore! Someone better WILL come along and knock your socks off!!!!

Persian Princess said...

I agree with Vi - by the sounds of it you deserve a LOT better OG...at least someone who doesn't bugger off without explanation. And that someone will come along as Vi says - it's just a matter of time.

Ordinary Girl said...

As my last paragraph was obviously so poorly written that you all read the opposite of what I was trying to say, I have edited it. Because I'm getting mad at all the misunderstood comments and I don't want to be mad. Job done now!

Anonymous said...

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry sleepless, no illegitemate carbonara for me! Time to try a different taste I think...

Fancy a trip down the M6 ;-)

Mummy said...

Wow!! Girl power. I wanna say this about your last para: YAY!!!!!!! Next

Mummy said...

Ooo, i hit send too quickly ... i also thought I should say that if I was DM, I would still read too. Not sticking up for his ass, just agreeing with JW, cant think why he would want to NOT read at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Carbonara has to be authentic I think OG! I'm sure you will find something to tickle your taste buds!!

Anonymous said...

Of course now all of our comments dont make sense....

The Boy said...

Nice use of a post to land the message you want. If he's reading its loud and clear, if he's not, you got it out and in public. Good on you.

Anonymous said...

Jesus! Is this where I say "sticks and stones"....? Shit, I feel like I’m in the middle of the play ground again. Apart from the time I traveled back home, it has always been you that has started the communication again. Only one of the people commenting here can see that. The rest of you are falling for a dramatised version of what happened, a one sided story given to you by someone who is bitter that I left her. She even had to change what she wrote instinctively, to get the desired effect from you lot.

I’m beginning to feel that this dragging out as long as it has is only to provide you with juicy reading material but providing reality to the content. We don’t want to have to lie to keep you all reading now do we!

Our relationship ended ages ago, there was a period of about three months that we never contacted one another. Why on earth would you think that I would drag up old shit that I couldn’t explain the first time round?

You know Joe, I think you’re more right than you think you are! She has been going through her life dumping guys every three to four months with out a problem. I dump her and it’s devastation!! It’s very much like the film Fatal Attraction!

I wish you all the luck in the world Sam, finding a man that’s right for you.

Take care,

Darren

Anonymous said...

You remain deluded I see!! And as for writing this to keep people reading... I'm sure that actually it's much more boring than my other writing!! But that's fine. you keep on believing what you want. Like I said, I'm done with it now.