Friday, November 10, 2006

It's all in the stars!!

A few days ago I emailed Vi (http://villagesecrets.blogspot.com/) for her to do a birth chart reading for me. Now, before I post it I have to admit to a slight scepticism about it all when I requested it. After all, a lot of people have similar characteristics, and if it is written positively who's going to say I'm not like that! However, I do think that if the moon can move the tides and we are 90% water there is a chance that it can affect us too! Also, if anything, I am pretty much spot on for my star sign (although not a massive traveller - well not far distances anyway), and I know a lot of people who display similar characteristics to others in their star sign. So I was curious to see what she would come up with, and here it is...

Sun sign - Sagittarius (Basic personality)
Your enthusiasm can often lead to risk-taking and foolhardiness. You will need to govern, if not curb, your eagerness. Your tendency to move swiftly from one task to another is a useful quality, but there can be a tendency to do too many things at the same time. You have great breadth of vision but often find details boring.


Okay, I think it's safe to say risk-taking may be a particular attribute of mine! Not to mention foolhardiness!!! I just leap straight in!! I am also a bit of a flitter, in personal life and professional one, and am usually doing fifteen things at once (not necessarily very well!!). Details, details? Damn those details, let someone else work them out. Although that said, I can be a finickity bloody madam!

Relationships
Claustrophobia is the enemy of you, and any partnership in which the lover is possessive, will be difficult. Relationships need to be based on shared ntellectual pursuits. You make a wonderful parent because you encourage and stimulate your children.


The partner bit, on the ball!!!! I soooo need my space! (Whilst at the same time feeling nurtured, wanted, stimulated and fulfilled of course!!). As for the parenting thing... not so sure. I'm not an awful parent, just not a wonderful one. I don't have the patience to be honest. But, hey, I'm saving for their therapy when they get older...

Career
Challenge is essential where a career is concerned; publishing and the law are typical Sagittarian professions. They tend to learn languages easily and make enthusiastic teachers and lecturers.


Definitely need a challenge in work, and my degree is a major in Law with Philosophy!! Very seriously considered a career in publishing in the past, although it doesn't have that helping people element. Would love to be a lecturer (use this instead!!) but am too flighty to know any one subject absolutely well enough. Languages...? Eurgh!!

Leisure
You enjoy physical and intellectual travel. You love food and drink, and even with a strict exercise regime tend to put on weight.


Intellectual travel most definitely. I think the physical travel will come more in the future. I do always love to come home though!!! Damn this reading. Absolutely no exercise regime!!! You've outed me as a fatty!

Capricorn as Ascendant (what does that mean??)
Your self confidence fluctuates badly, leaving you very unsure of yourself. You should learn to take yourself at other's high valuation. You show your emotions easily and are caring and sensitive to your partner’s needs.


Oh my god does it ever?? I'm either so far up my own arse with arrogance I can't see daylight, or I'm amazed that anybody in their right mind would even bother to look at me let alone anything else!! Pretty much an open book with emotions!! (Had any of you noticed...!). Of course I'm caring and sensitive to my partners needs! (If they're worth it of course!)

The moon in Taurus (elements of personality)
You are protective of your physical and emotional environment, and tend to respond defensively when your security is under threat. Even if you do not seem concerned about your income, or your partner’s happiness, you will be quick to act when anything may affect them. You tend to be obsessed with yourself and your problems, and to some extent, fixated on doing the right thing. You have a strong element of practicality and common sense, but problems may arise because of your tendency to be possessive and stubborn. You have the love of good food and good living, unfortunately, you tend to put on weight easily, and will need to resist over-consumption of rich food if your figure and digestion are not to suffer.


Attack is the best form of defence I reckon!! And damn straight I'll protect myself, and those I love (or don't even love actually!!). Yeah, I'm pretty obsessed, lol. It's all about ME!!!! I like to think I do the right thing, perhaps hence my obsession with not promising myself. Hmmm, don't know if that makes sense now I've typed it!!! Ah well.... Pretty practical and commonsensical I think, and can be damn stubborn if pushed, although less so than years ago. Grrrrrr, there's that fatty thing again!!!! I don't want to resist!!

Mercury in Sagittarius (The mind)
If your superficiality, restlessness, and a tendency to be over-optimistic can be kept in check, there are benefits. The constant search for intellectual stimulation, for instance can often be highly fruitful, although the temptation to flit from one subject to another, so that none are properly studied, should be avoided. There is also considerable breadth of vision, and probably a flair for languages. Your optimism can turn to a total belief in “pie in the sky”; enthusiasm will quickly fizzle out if plans are not rapidly realized. Restlessness - specially mental restlessness – needs to be combated, and physical exercise is a necessity.


Superficial??? As if... ;-) Restless??? Maybe a little... ;-) Over optimistic??? Completely! (When I'm not being a manic depressive!). I do have little patience waiting for things though, and enthusiasm can be massive and then gone if things aren't going the way I like. Spot on with the search thing. I do feel as if I'm on a constant search to be honest. For I don't know what!! For intellectual, emotional and physical stimulation I guess. Never satisfied, me! Hmmm, that flitting thing again!!! Did you read my comment about being unable to be a lecturer!? I do think I have good breadth of vision (although don't we all think that about ourselves??), but again no to the languages. And I don't wanna exercise....!!! (Stamping feet and wailing!!).

Venus in Capricorn (relationships and possessions)
You are an extremely faithful lover, who must ensure that your cool sensuality does not prevent your partner from realizing they are loved. Sometimes a partner will be chosen as a status symbol or for material gain, but in a loving relationship your ambition needs to be shared the partner, when the alliance is geared to personal and financial development. You are a very faithful lover and can be plagued by conflicting desires. You need a great deal of freedom but also prefer to be in a conventional relationship. Clever and calculated risk-taking can result in an excellent income.


Hmm, can see why people would think they weren't loved. But sarcasm is a form of affection with me! Maybe as a status symbol, although I don't think so?? Definitely not for material gain. I'd be a lot better off if I was more bloody mercenary with men!! Not sure about the next sentence?? Did you miss a couple of words out Vi? Definitely plagued by conflicting desires!!! But like the fact that it appreciates what a faithful lover I am. See, I told you so :-P I do need a lot of freedom, but it's true I do need to be in a conventional (read, not open!!) relationship. It might result in an excellent income, but not sure I'm capable of managing to pull it off in this area!!

Mars in Pisces (energy levels)
You have an emotional force that is so strong that confining it is a danger,and failing to use it a waste. If not used positively, all this emotion can result in mental stagnation and even psychological problems. You are perhaps most usefully occupied in the caring professions, or helping those in need, but you should also try to satisfy your own needs. You are passionate and sensual, yet you are capable of sacrificing a fulfilling personal relationship in order to pursue a vocation helping others who are in need. Sometimes there could be indecision and a real tendency not to face up to reality. You may have an original imagination that will
need a creative outlet, but you can also be afflicted by a lack of self-confidence and you must have a great deal of reassurance and support from your friends, who will need to encourage you to follow your heart and your instincts.


I guess I do have a pretty strong emotional force. A bit like a bloody whirlwind sometimes. When I care about something/someone passionately, I will move heaven and earth if I can! Can see the possibility of that, but think I manage to prevent stagnation. Always have worked in caring professions, in one way or another, but I do satisfy my own needs also. Passionate, yes. Sensual, I'm not sure. Lusty may be a better word! I don't think I would sacrifice a personal relationship to help others. I may be good, but I'm not that good. Personal relationships will always be my priority I think. Lol, I've realised more and more in the last year how bad I am at facing up to crap reality. Denial is a wonderful thing I think!! I'm not sure I'm particularly creative? Not in the traditional sense anyway. Although most of the time I'm Miss Confidence Supremo , yes sometimes, I do suffer with a complete lack of it. (Nothing if not a paradox, me!!!). My friends are great, and yes I do sometimes need a lot of reassurance from them. Never need encouraging to follow my heart, in fact, sometimes I think I should listen to it less!! (Although it may be my groin speaking rather than my heart most of the time!!). As for instincts... I don't really listen to them anymore. I think they lie to me!!!

Jupiter in Gemini (knowledge)
You are economical with words and put your views across forcefully, succinctly and impartially. You are capable of highly disciplined thought, and may excel at maths and science. However, you may sometimes be considered uncommunicative, and when you do speak out you are likely to be cynical or sarcastic. You often have to resort to your off-beat humour when you offend others by expressing yourself more harshly than you intended. You insist on honesty in communication, but you need to guard against excessive criticism. You are prone to suspicion and doubt, and positive thinking and an optimistic outlook should be cultivated.


I am sure I do speak my views forcefully and impartially, but succintly and economical with words??? Why use one word when you can use 3??? Not so good at disciplining thought (back to the flitting thing), and don't feel I have a math/science brain. (That's my boy!!! Perhaps he gets it from me then!). I don't think I'm uncommunicative at all, although I have to admit to being highly sarcastic and increasingly cynical (or appear to be anyway). Have been known to cause offence many a time, it's a result of a complete lack of tact, and an over honesty sometimes. Excessive criticism? Only lightly... As I said before, sarcasm is a form of affection with me!! Not really suspicious and doubtful. Although, thinking about it I do have this side to me. See, I told you I was a bloody paradox!! Over optimistic and suspicous and doubtful!!!

Uranus in Libra. (expressions)
You are loving and romantic, possess a strong independent streak that will battle constantly against your longing for a solid and lasting personal relationship. Your partner will sometimes feel that he is being treated coolly, and that you are too independent to make a proper commitment. You are a faithful friend, completely dependable, and always ready to give as much consideration and time to your friends as they need. Sympathy and kindness are also attributes. If you are accused of being distant to relatives or loved ones, you should try to cultivate the same degree of affection you show your friends.


Not sure about the romantic thing, I guess it's down to semantics. Yes, definitely possess too much of an independent streak, and it is a bit of a raging battle. I can see why partners could feel I'm too independent to make a commitment... well DM certainly did!!!! I'm a faithful and dependable (whilst independent!!)everything to anyone that matters, and will fight tooth and nail for anyone I care about. Yeah, I'm pretty sympathetic, although I don't know about kind?? It's different with friends though. There's no pressure. I do find it really hard to show someone real true affection. I use sex for that to be honest. Sounds odd, but for me it's a way of expressing my emotion and affection. Even if it's not all hearts and flowers "making luurve"! Men need to figure that out!! And bloody trust in me when I tell them things!! Because if I don't mean it, I don't say it!!!

Neptune in Sagittarius
You have a strong sense of social justice, your idealistic, hopeful and positive. You have to be tough to cope with the demands of life. You have a sympathetic side to your personality, and a sense of optimism that should help you solve some of the problems of the future. You will have a strong indentifaction with nature and with animals, and may reject potentially cruel farming methods.


Absolutely I do!!! That's why I do the job I do. And I think I am all those things. I'm pretty tough. I have to be! No point in sitting moaning about it. (Apart from on here on those bad days of course!). Not sure I have any kind of identification with nature or animals, and whilst of course I wouldn't condone cruelty to anything, I'm not big on animal cruelty issues. There are far too many other ugly, ugly things going on in the world!

Pluto in Libra (influence on others)
Sexual permissiveness and relaxation of traditional moral values is a strong influence in you. Sometimes you cause problems just for the fun of solving them. This is particularly the case in emotional partnerships, where the pleasure of reconciliation is considered well worth a few hours of unproductive argument.


And to finish it all off... anyone recognising me here!!!!?? Bring on the sexual permissiveness. In fact, I wrote a 15,000 word law dissertation on how the English legal system restricts our sexual practices, and whether it has the right to do so!! And lol, I think it's safe to say that I certainly do like a complicated life...!

So, there you have it!!! OG in a nutshell!!! (Well not actually a nutshell because it was a bloody long post!!!) I am truly, truly shocked at exactly how accurate that all was after I sat down and read it properly. And a couple of things have made me think...!

And I have to say a big, big thank you to Vi for doing that for me. Damn, you should charge woman!!! (hehehehe, especially now I've had mine done for free!!).

It would be great to hear what you all think of it, in relation to what you know about me from this blog. Which to be honest, is pretty straight up about me! And of my two rl readers, would be fantastic to get your opinion on how accurately you think this sums me up. After all, I might just be deluded...!

9 comments:

always kris said...

Good job OG and VI! VI also did one for me, but I havent sat down to add comments to it like OG has...was procrastination on mine??? lol We'll have to wait and see! :-)

Vi said...

Glad you liked it OG. I do enjoy doing them and hearing how accurate they are! I could go into further delving with them, but I'm too lazy!

Angela-la-la said...

That was a great read, well done ladies!

I always think that, even if you're cynical about astrology, having something like this done makes you examine yourself, for better and worse, and that's never a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

Well as you know Vi did mine a while back and it was very accurate indeed! I agree with you OG she should charge for it now!

I think your looks accurate from what I know of you from the blog, other than the odd things you flagged up as not being entirely accurate.

Sexual permissiveness??? When are you going to permit me to get into your knickers??? lol joking! or am I?

Vi said...

oooh, OG, sleepless is gunning for you now girl!!!!! Will you be the next blogger he meets????

Ordinary Girl said...

Cheers Kris. And many thanks to Vi, without whom this post would not have been possible!! Lol.

True FB. I'm pretty sure I know myself damn well, some stuff has happened in the past that means I try to ensure I do. But I'm always happy to discover something about myself I may have missed!!

Lol, sleepless you are a bad bad man!! Perhaps you need to be punished.... :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooh I am indeed OG and perhaps I do!!! ;)

Mummy said...

This was funny, your responses had me laughing a lot! I loved this line:
"I'm either so far up my own arse with arrogance I can't see daylight, or I'm amazed that anybody in their right mind would even bother to look at me let alone anything else!! "

Persian Princess said...

Wow, what a great post OG...and Vi - you're a very talented lady :-) I have to admit to also being a bit cynical about astrology so I'm very interested to hear that a lot of it was accurate!