Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekends, weekends

Sorry for the delay in posting. I met the man of my dreams on Friday night and have only just staggered out of bed after a 2 day marathon sex session!




Actually, that may of course be a complete lie, but nice to dream eh?!

Friday night was good, despite the lack of above result, although town was so, so quiet it was ridiculous. Ava and I had a really good catch up though, not to mention much giggling at the freakazoids that seem to inhabit our town, and positive hysterics at the fact that I must have been wearing a sign on my forehead that said "freakazoids apply here". Seriously, the amount of (completely unwanted) male attention was ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it had been "cute in the community" rather than "care in the community", but alas my little town is seriously lacking in attractive men. Amusement nonetheless though!

Yesterday was spent in the usual Saturday way... ogling at SPM whilst smiling encouragingly at X demonstrating breast stroke legs to the rest of her swimming class, bless her, followed by trip into town, back in time for the new non-sexy gardener, then off to Sainsbury's to spend too much on scrummy, yummy weekend food. Cheese and crackers this weekend!

I worked a late floater session last night, from 10pm-1am, which was absolutely dead, so ended up having a really late lie in this morning before off for Sunday "floating fun" down the local pool. The weather has been glorious again, so we decided to buy a couple of disposable barbecues and a few burgers and sausages, drag the kitchen table and the deckchairs out onto the newly cut back garden, and enjoy the sun while Y had his first try and barbecue cooking (and did a pretty good job of it actually). Rounded the day off with Madagascar on DVD, and bed for the kids, and here I am.

It may not sound like a fabulously exciting weekend (erm... it wasn't!), but sometimes a weekend of catching up with mates, spending time with the kids and enjoying the sunshine is just fine by me. Though if, of course, the original option had stood...

4 comments:

Lady in red said...

glad you have been having a pleasant time with the kids in the sunshine, sometimes that is more satisfying than a man

Fire Byrd said...

so I went into town by myself bought new walking boots, had two hot choclates read the paper and walked back home.
Sunday blogged and cooked.
Today walked in said boots 6 miles by myself and blogged some more.
About as exciting as it gets round here!!Let me know when you wanna visit!!!
px

Ordinary Girl said...

Sometimes lady, sometimes!

Lol, I guess we all think everyone else in the world is out having "exciting lives" - but most of the time we're not. Then again, would we last long with super excitement every day...?

The Boy said...

Well if you can't have the first, the second does just fine doesn't it?

Still, even better if you can have the first tied up in bed while you're in the garden doing the second...