Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Letting go

The reply came Monday morning -

I dont know OG. I didn't want to say anything, I just wanted to talk to you. It causes more heartache than it should, it's not such a good idea.

It upset me, but realistically I didn't expect it to say anything else. I didn't expect anything to have changed. And however much I think of him every day, I can't keep going round and round this eternal communication circle, and I don't want any more heartache for either of us. So instead of ignoring it, I took some time and finally replied -

You're right. It does. I wish it didn't and all was cool and easy. I wish you loved me enough or I loved you less. But pointless wishes. It is what it is I guess. Keep your friends reunited up to date and take care of yourself x

It's sad, but that really is the crux of it, and what I've been saying for a long time now.

However, this morning I wake to another text -

You can keep up to date at www......... and find user DM, or facebook.com and my full name. All you need to know. Take care. DM xxx

So, it seems as if we've both accepted an ending. With non-contact contact I guess. I won't be checking those sites though, I don't want to be wondering about which of his online friends are developing into real life friends or more, and I don't want to know the details of his daily life - if I could cope with that then I'd be going down the friends route. It's too much information for me, and won't help me move on and leave all this behind me. It's enough for me to know where he is, how he's doing generally, and that I can get in touch if I need to at some point in the future. I'd like to think that day will come, but for now... time to let go and move on.