Monday, August 06, 2007

Lesson

Until tonight I haven't actively contacted DM at all since the end of May, before he cancelled on me whilst he was home. Over 2 months. A record for me.

In that time he has proactively contacted me 3 times: a couple of weeks afterwards by text, a few weeks after that by email, and last weekend by text. I ignored the first, responded to the second with a long email explaining that we have no future as friends only, and replied to the third initially ready to listen to what he has to say, and then annoyed that I should agree to speak to him only for him to be too busy (in my head going out on some hot date!!!) by the time I did.

This weekend, I half expected him to contact me again. He hasn't. I should know that predictability has never been a component in this post-relationship relationship.

So fool that I am I texted him to ask "So what did you want to talk to me about?". An hour later now and no response. So, for the second Sunday night in a row I am unable to sleep due to the sick feeling I have from trying (and failing) not to imagine him meeting with, laughing with, planning with (and worse!) some girl that isn't me!

I guess I'll learn one of these days!