Thursday, August 30, 2007

Stuffed

After a lazy morning after a terrible night of mixed up DM dreams, I finally dragged myself out of bed, fed the kids breakfast and then begrudgingly paid several bills I've been putting off for far too long. A quick lunch and then we all set out to local retail park for a fun filled afternoon of shopping for boring school shoes. The dreaded shoe shopping was relatively harmless, thank goodness, and X and Y were both happy with new football and basketball respectively. Not to mention the fact that I just had to get these gorgeous little things for X...



Unfortunately they didn't have them in my size, so instead I had to settle for these fabulous old things instead....




More money could have been spent but Y, sensible money boy that he is (not an OG gene for sure!) refused to let me buy a gorgeous green bag for a mere snip of £18, may have to sneak back for that tomorrow :-)

To end the day, this evening I have been out for a meal with a load of work colleagues for a leaving do for one of them, not from my team fortunately. About twenty of us went to a lovely Italian restaurant in work town, and a good time was had by all. The food was delicious, and very reasonable, and in fact I did really well as I had 3 courses - olives, pizza and chocolate cake, which came to £15. Even better we just divided the bill, so I only had to pay £13, including the tip!

8 comments:

Vi said...

Oooohhh, I could just eat what you said. I've still on holiday mode and eating everything in site!

Angela-la-la said...

The shoes are fabulous but olives? Bleurgh!!

Anonymous said...

not bad, compared to my daughter,

Fat Controller said...

Enjoy it while it lasts. Our daughter has a touch of the Imelda Marcos syndrome. A whole cupboard full of Converse basketball shoes in all different colours-they HAVE to be Converse. On the positive side though she buys them herself with her choir pay and she HATES Crocs!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh love your shoes!

Fire Byrd said...

Shoes are good but not crocs! Which since discovering are permantently attached to me feet. They are so comfortable. So nah boo to the fat controller on this one!
px

Ordinary Girl said...

It was yummy Vi, that holiday mode seems to be affecting me, despite the fact that I haven't been on holiday?!

Thanks FB! And lol at bleurgh. I couldnt stand olives until I was pregnant with X, then I loved them and still do!

It's usually a nightmare Wayne, but luckily not this time.

I can't moan too much FC, as I'm a bit like that with shoes myself! And if she buys them herself then result I say!

Me too jaded :-)

Well I posted a while ago about the awfulness of crocs, but have to admit that bought a (cheap imitation) pair for X at her insistence, and then thought they were actually pretty cute. I know have a white pair (couldnt cope with the colours!) and they are fabulous!! I'm a convert!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oooh, I like your shoes! I'm the opposite to you with Crocs though..I returned the ones I bought, I thought they were so cute but then decided they made me look 6 :(.

Enjoying your blog, thanks. Bendy Girl