Sunday, April 08, 2007

Phnah, phnah

Bloody, bloody, bloody men!!

Am a tad pissed off and disappointed today, due to the fact that Jay, who has been telling Lena all week about how much he likes me and to bring me over to The Nun last night, where he then proceeded to tell me how pretty I was looking, and kept flitting over to talk to me and Fran, has told Lena this morning that he is not ready for anything as his head is still too fucked up from his ex-girlfriend and he's off to Australia for a month shortly. And now he mentions this!!

Although I did like him, I only spent a very short time in his company, so am not massively bothered, I'm just annoyed with the whole misleading situation, and concerned that Lena may have made me out to be a completely smitten kitten, as well as slightly overplaying his intentions.

So, in order to ensure my reputation remains intact and to prevent any awkwardness should I choose to frequent that drinking establishment again, I texted him this evening to put the record straight -

Hi there, it's OG. I was going to ask you on the date of your life :-), but as Lena's told me the score I thought I'd just let you know all's cool, as no doubt our paths will cross again sometime and I don't do awkwardness. Have a good time in Oz, I'm off to Vegas in a few weeks myself. Take care and no doubt I'll see you around sometime.

I haven't had a reply, but to be honest, I don't really need one. I've said my piece, been honest and upfront, saved some face and cleared any potentially murky air. And so life resumes as normal...

6 comments:

Mummy said...

Bah!! fucken men!! I haven't read further up yet, so this may be old news ... but, well done on the text, stuff the reputation, but at least you have said that you are coolio schmoolio with it all.

Lady in red said...

ah now this looks familiar.....so we both had same treatment today..then acted the cool cat lol

Anonymous said...

Bah. Playah! But way to be so blaise about it!

Angela-la-la said...

Well done, you! He don't know what he's missing.

Ordinary Girl said...

Bah indeed Joie! Fucken men!

Oh, always the cool cat Lady, (well with the exception of the one that is!)

Most annoying Jaded! But them's the breaks, and I don't want him thinking I'm pining if I bump into him again.

Thanks FB! He absolutely doesn't. Silly, silly man!

Ordinary Girl said...

Oh Vi, do I hear a hint of anti-men about you today?!! Hope all is well? Yep, a let down indeed! But, rising as we speak...!