Saturday, April 21, 2007

Itchy feet

I bloody hate going out on a Friday, because invariably (and today is no exception!), I then want to go out on the Saturday too! And today, I have no money, no babysitter and no money to pay a babysitter. Goddamn!

As a result I am now sitting here twitchy, twitchy, twitchy running through a million and one scenario's to resolve the above, which I am sure are solvable if I speak very nicely to a few people, though that's not guaranteed and if I start the solution gathering and then don't manage to pull it off I will be twitchy and pissed off, as oppose to just twitchy.

Besides this, there is a little voice of sense in my head saying "Even if you find the money, you shouldn't be spending it - you're going to Vegas in less than a fortnight, don't you know!"., but the little voice of instant gratification is not giving up "Go on, you know you want to. Just go out and play for a little while. You could be out having lots of fun. I bet loads of people will be out tonight. It will be just brilliant. You don't want to miss it...!"

Can you see how much louder the second is?!

3 comments:

Sexy Vixen said...

I know that twitchy feeling I just make sure I have someone to chat to either on msn or by text.... keep myself occupied and distracted then by the time I go to bed I realise that staying n wasn't as bad as all that and it is cheaper.

Wild Cat said...

I also understand. The weekends that I have the kids are twitchy from start to finish. I always feel like being out and about but I have no babysitters that I can call on at the weekends, so I'm stuck anyway.
(And right now, there is no one around on MSN either - I'm going mad, and madder by every passing second!)

The Boy said...

Huh, as one half of a working couple with three kids we ALWAYS stay in. A right pair of boring sods we are, but then that's why we invite people over. Get the kids to bed, the crack open the wine and you get the best of both.