Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Daytrip

This Blogland we all inhabit so frequently is a funny old place, filled with laughter, fears, feelings, and some tears. I trip around from pillar to post and enjoy my time here in a fairly light-hearted way mostly, but with the occasional sorrow for some of my fellow inhabitants.

Today though, has been a memorable day in Blogland for me. Today I read, not one, but three, posts that have evoked something deeper in me.

The first is a post of pure truth. By a writer who takes concepts and words and turns them into realisations of such validity that I wonder how I did not see that before, and how I will ever it see it another way again.

The second, quite possibly one of the most beautiful things I have ever read by someone who's writing never ceases to amaze me. A post, and a blog, by a writer who takes the beauty of the written language and crafts both the language, and the content, in such a way as to leave me in awe.

And finally, conversely, was all about the content, a tiny part of the content, but a part that sparked a greater anger in me than I have ever felt on reading a post, despite the fact that I have such empathy for the writer. I was surprised by how much a simple phrase, a simple act by another human being (not the author) could rile me to livid so quickly.

Today, Blogland has been worth the trip. Though I leave feeling humbled.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You going to share these blog treasures?

Vi said...

I think I know who the third one is.

Wild Cat said...

I think I know who the third one is too.....

Quote said...

Yeah.

Angela-la-la said...

God I'm dim, I can't guess at any of them!

Still, nice to see someone else gets affected by blogs the way that I do and, if I may say so OG, this is a damn good post right here too!