Friday, April 06, 2007

Catch up

Have spent the last couple of days enjoying the sunshine and the time off work (trying not to think about the amount of work piling up while I'm off!). X had a friend to play all day yesterday, so we made the most of the sunshine, packed a picnic and headed to a local play park for the day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the kids played lovely, resulting in us not leaving for home until gone 5pm.

Today was spent in similar fashion, although this time I had a friend to play, in the form of Disco, recently returned from her travels far and wide. Was lovely to see her, although very sad as she has just broken up with her fella (in very similar style to DM) much against her wishes. The man is a fool!! Spent some time generally catching up and then I dragged her to (another) local park to sit in the sunshine, have a look at the small aviary, and wander around the tiny museum doing the Easter Egg Hunt with X. I feel for her, I really do, and wish I could do more than just listen and sympathise, but she is a beautiful, strong woman and I know she will move onward and upward in time.

Caught up on the phone with old school friend Fran this evening, who is home from New Zealand (where she now lives permanently) visiting for 3 weeks. Spent over an hour chatting and filling each other in generally, and she is coming to see me tomorrow afternoon, which I am tres excited about. We will get some girly time to natter more before heading to the Nun, with plans to meet up with Lena, and Meg.

Will also (hopefully) get to see Jay again, which I'm mucho pleased about, although I have calmed down a little from the weekend, and my (newly learned) slight pessimistic nature has crept in a little. Considering this, I was glad when Lena text this afternoon to say:

Hi honey! Jay in today asking about you! We have arranged a karaoke night for Sat night! Should be fun x

Despite being very pleased to read this, I have to say... karafuckingoke?!?!!? What is she thinking?! I am sooo not singing to bloody karaoke, (and any of my long standing friends will be applauding at this point!), due mainly to the fact that despite sounding like Cameron Diaz in 'My Best Friend's Wedding' (unfortunately!), I'm sure my caterwauling would not provoke deeper and more meaningful affection for me, but would, in fact, be enough to send him running immediately!! Probably with his hands over his ears!!

I am looking forward to seeing him though, and have to admit to a slightly warm fuzzy feeling inside to know he has still been asking about me. Even if it does mean I am to be subjected to Lena's bizarre choice of evening entertainment!

9 comments:

Vi said...

Oh, I hate being so far behind in reading my faves. Need to find out more about Jay!

Your post made me miss my kids. We'll have to do a picnic together soon! When's the waterpark re-opening?

Alfie said...

Can't sing? Can hardly Adam-and-Eve it, but one can't be good at everything. Anyway, hope you will be reporting on having a really nice Easter break. Enjoy.

Persian Princess said...

ah, the warm fuzzy feeling inside...you can't beat it OG!! hope you have fun tonight, although I share your feelings on karaoke...err, that is until I've had a skinful and then I think I'm Aretha goddam Franklin!

Anonymous said...

Warm & fuzzy feelings tops karafuckingoke all the time.

Midnight said...

I'm like Goro, I avoid karaoke like the plague, but when I'm ratted I think I'm the dogs bollocks!

Angela-la-la said...

Yep, I seem to recall a certain fella giving us a blast of 'you never close your eyes anymore...' at the bloggers piss up! ;-)

So how was it then OG? Spill!

Angela-la-la said...

And another thing...

what's the difference between out of the ordinary and extraordinary on your blogroll?

8-/ <-- that's me confused, that is.

Unknown said...

i hate singing, i am so bad, i am a minging singing man, so i don't bother unless i am pissed, go for it anyway, when your pissed who cares about what others think!

Ordinary Girl said...

I wouldn't worry Vi - been and gone by the looks of it! Ah, such is life!! Not sure, but we will definitely have to hook up soon x

Thanks Alfie, it's turning out to be a bit of a mixed bag at the moment, but for better rather than worse! And much as I'd love to sing, I'd choose oral techniques over vocal techniques any day ;-)

Lol Goro! Well I have to admit to caterwauling with the rest of them. Just not on a mic!

While they last Jaded, while they last!

Now why doesn't that surprise me Middy :-)

Lol FB. I'm sure it was "unforgettable"! Beans duly spilled... Ah, the difference would be Fabulous and Super-Fabulous! Should I move you up... :-)

Welcome Tony. All these newbies!! How wonderful! Unfortunately the pissed thing doesn't really work for me, as I rarely drink. I'm told I'm nutty enough without it! Lies, damn lies!