Thursday, April 19, 2007

A landmark

I posted a while ago about a humbling day in Blogland, but had not managed to credit the other "fabulous" Blogland landmark (or blog crush as Middy would put it!). This writer has more knowledge and skill for composition, language and the beauty of words in his little finger than I am capable of in my entirety (much to my jealous chagrin), and that day he astounded me with a piece of poetry that is quite simply beautiful. Since then, he has managed to surpass himself, and this piece with yet another one, pushing his writing even further up in my esteem.

So, seeing as life is a little all work and no play at the moment for me, I thought I'd take this opportunity to share the artistry and insight of both these monuments...

Looking For You
I've always been finding the one

Without me really thinking that I'd ever be done
Another mouth to make my own mouth smile
Another mouth
To make it all worthwhile

I've always been seeking you out
Without me ever thinking that my search was in doubt
Another heart to make my half a whole
Another heart
For whom the bell might toll

I've always been looking for you
Without me really thinking that my one could be two
Another pair of eyes to see the light
Another pair
To heal my sore eyes sight

I've always been one of a pair
Without me ever thinking that you wouldn't be there
Another hand to hold that's not my own
Another hand
To make me feel less alone

Likehavewantneed
I'd like to teach the world, but not to sing.

I need to tell them what true love can bring:
A sense of immortality and worth:
The reason I've been put upon this earth.

I have to teach the world, but not to write,
That "she doth teach the torches to burn bright."
I'll thank my God that they've delivered me,
And realise that it was meant to be.

I want to teach the world, but not to read.
I have to tell them that it's love they need:
The sense of culpability and blame:
How things can never truly be the same.

I need to teach the world, but not a song.
I'd like to tell them where they're going wrong:
To trust to serendipity, not fate:
To just believe your heart and conjugate.

PS. You can read more from of this fabulous work here http://allmyownworn.blogspot.com/ .

4 comments:

Lady in red said...

very insightful writing thank you

Anonymous said...

Re Looking For You...wow. That's all I got...wow.

coffeesnob said...

our og is an incurable romantic. and if someone does find a cure for it, please no one tell her.

Sexy Vixen said...

coffeesnob I am afraid to say she is not the only one