Monday, April 09, 2007

Busy bunny

Well it seems to have been a pretty hectic, though happy, Easter break, though work once again beckons tomorrow!

Spent the afternoon on Saturday with Fran, before an amusing (if slightly disappointing) evening at The Nun, watching and listening to Lena absolutely murder several songs on the Karaoke playlist! I pretty much managed to avoid the entire thing, and the one time I was dragged up kicking and screaming I let my duetter sing far louder so you couldn't hear me at all :-)

After not getting to sleep until about 2.30am on Sunday morning, was up early for a day at a local game fair with my Dad, his partner, and X. Which was extortionately priced!! Thank goodness Pater was paying for most of it! (Did manage to pick up a couple of Martina Coles for the bargain price of £2 though!) Spent around 5 hours wandering around there, watching all manner of interesting country things, from lumberjack skills to ferrets to gundog trials to Punch and Judy shows, until we were flagging on our feet from not having sat down for hours and headed for home. Sunday evening was then a pretty quiet affair, although my body clock being the off-kilter timepiece that it is (I swear it's set to another timezone!), I didn't get to bed until around 2am.

Had a lie-in this morning, then generally pottered around. Bathed X and then ran out of cold water so was subjected to a luke warm bath myself (it's amazing how much I hate that!!), and then finally headed out into the sunshine again. Yet another local country park was visited by the 2 of us (Y still at his dad's since Saturday), where X had a good long ride on her bike and I walked a brisk mile around the lakes.

We were planning on heading to a local funday, but unfortunately X was involved in a minor bike accident when she swerved straight into the path of a 6', 16 stone speed cyclist. Fortunately, after disentangling them, the end result was no more than a bloody knee (for her), and a broken reflector (for him), but whilst she was very brave while he was there, the shock set in a bit and we ended up heading for home.

A chinese takeaway and too much chocolate later, (the virtous healthy walking feeling has been replaced by bloated heifer like feeling), X is now tucked up in bed, and I'm trying not to think about all that work waiting patiently for me tomorrow, whilst also trying to con myself that I will be in bed at a reasonable time tonight. Yeah, right!

2 comments:

Lady in red said...

lol 2am sounds abit like me and every night I tell myself I will get to bed early.

Vi said...

What I hate is, on the rare occassion I DO go to bed early (11am last night) I wake up 4 hours later and can't get back to sleep! I can never win.