Sunday, April 15, 2007

A long week

It has been such a long, long week. I can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday but I just have not had a minute to myself.

Work has been manic, due to minimum staffing levels as a result of easter, end of financial year, budgets, service level agreements, squabbling about services required and how much we'll pay for them, and a steering group meeting to organise and chair on top of that, and will be manic for at least the week to come also, as I have organised an event I anticipated about 25 people coming to, and have now had about 70 responses. Aaaargh!!!

As a consequence of all of this, I worked from home on Wednesday night until 2am, then worked all day Thursday, did outreach Thursday night, got home and 11.30pm and then more work on the pc until 2am again, at work all day on Friday. By Friday evening I was so exhausted that I literally picked up X and then had to lay down before I fell down. Woke up about 7pm, by a text, and managed to rouse myself for the rest of the evening, during which the most I could manage was the sofa and tv.

Saturday was spent at swimming lessons for X (no SPM for the third week in a row !), then a wander down town to buy new school sandals for X and books for my bookworm Y. Was out last night with Meg, Straight and (later) Lena, for a very quiet night in The Nun, which was practically empty. I did get a booty call from M, but couldn't really be bothered to follow it up, so replied but didn't encourage it. What a good girl I am :-)

So that's about it for my weekend. Have spent today catching up on some reading, which is something I haven't done enough of lately, pottering around doing some cleaning and washing, and getting ready to be back at school/work tomorrow. I have got a folder of work which I should really be doing, to get a heads up before tomorrow, but to be honest, I'm feeling much more inclined to catch up with goings on in Blogland, and still have my second fabulous bloggy link to do.

Hopefully things will quieten down by the end of this week, and then only a fortnight until I go to Vegas!!! I can't believe it has come round this quick. Less than 3 weeks and I will be in America! Yay!

7 comments:

Vi said...

What???? You didn't go out and enjoy the sunshine today?

Anonymous said...

I know how your feel, yes, VI is right, what a lovely day today. xx

Alfie said...

You are such a busy little girl!

Midnight said...

All work and no play again OG? Or are you saving up the playtime for Vegas?

Angela-la-la said...

Woman, they should be paying you three times as much as they do!

Anonymous said...

Og - you are a bloody hard worker. Hope they appreciate you! And thats another booty call you turned down! :P

Ordinary Girl said...

Thanks all. Don't worry, play beckons...!