Tuesday, April 10, 2007

ATM (and others)

It has been brought to my attention that I have apparently woefully hard done best mate Across The Miles by not having enough labels of her in my blog! So here's another one to make up for it!

It also got me to thinking about the fact that I don't really blog about friends, in fact ATM is the only one who has her own label (please take note woman!), and that there may be an assumption that I don't actually have any friends at all!

So for the record, here is a brief rundown on the most important (but not exhaustive) list of current OG friends...

In no particular order - before I get any playground sniping :-)
ATM - Best friend to me for more years than I care to remember (though not quite sure how as we are the complete opposite to each other in almost every way!), and Godmother to both X and Y. Now happily married to Mr ATM (rather nice bloke - though don't tell him I said that!) after the never mentioned but most short lived marriage in history to Complete Cock. Currently living Across The Miles in far, far away land of New Zealand and muchly missed (if we ever got remotely sloppy or emotional with each other!)
Meg Ryan - Fabulous friend of fairly recent times (around 3yrs now) - fairly newly single after a split from Knightrider, partner of 7yrs - who has listened most patiently to more moans and groans from me than any one person should be forced to endure.
Disco - Old work colleague and now much loved friend - very recently back from travels around the world to a break up with man of her dreams - quite the craziest and coolest girl I know. Also the most honest, down to earth, fun and friendly person you could ever wish to meet. Fran - Oldest (and one of most dearest) school pal, now also emigrated to New Zealand and living with boyfriend of 2yrs - Mr Fran. My most sensible friend (and no that doesn't mean boring!!) for whom the distance and the miles happily make no difference to gossiping, giggling and understanding.
Bea - A newbie of around 2yrs, of the hippy variety, who generally struggles with the ups and downs of lifes, and is definitely one of a kind! Newly attached to Hippy, although currently undergoing some 3mth relationship wobbles.
Lena - Another crazy! And a party girl of old. Has been in a period of hibernation for the last year or so, so haven't seen a great deal of her, but she seems to be returning to her old ways recently. A complete laugh, a complete fickle fairy, but also fun, fun, fun.
Lily - Much valued recent work colleague - happily married to Mr Lily, with lovely C and new baby J. The best gossip mate a girl could have at work, and a most friendly ear out of work.
Lala - Friend of Lily, slightly bonkers, but always good for a night out.
Smiler - My favourite army boy! Old flame from teenage years, and occasional shag in early twenties. Always a bad boy, always a pleasure to see, and the best hugger in town.
Straight Mate - Meg's friend. Very straight and serious, but also without an unpleasant bone in her body.
Mick - My token gay friend! Friend of Smiler and BB (ex-boyfriend) from their army days, who I've kept in touch with for many years. Always adorable to bitch about men with, and always, always able to make me laugh.
AJ - the perfect man for me - according to ATM (or more accurately Mr ATM)!! Fortunately for them they have not been witness to the mighty capacity of his snoring, which, although I love him dearly, may explain why he will never be the man for me!

So there you have it! To put your minds at rest that I don't spend my entire life as a hermit, I see Bea at least once a week in the evening, speak to Meg on the phone every week or so and usually catch up properly a couple of times a month, text regularly and speak or meet Disco a couple of times a month (when she's not off travelling the world), catch up with all the others who are local to me by text, phone, house visits or nights out with varying regularity, (as well as through my blog for Disco and Lily), and catch up mostly by phone on those far, far away, with the occasional visit.

Though of course, ATM not anywhere near enough!

1 comment:

Wild Cat said...

You're very lucky to have such a long list! I lost the majority of my so-called-friends when I divorced the Sperm Donor. I have acouple of really good ones now - maybe I should take your lead and give them an indentity in my blog too....