Sunday, April 01, 2007

I am OG, hear me roar ...

What a funny, funny random evening! Went out with girly mates tonight, with nothing more exciting planned than a simple night around the home town, to start after picking up Bea at just after 8 and then heading for Meg Ryan and Straight Mate before a crawl round the various local establishments.

In the middle of the afternoon old friend Lena text to say where we out tonight as she fancied a girly night out, so ever the one to oblige I arranged to pick her up from the village pub where she works just out of town around 8, and then head on as above. When I got to the pub I text to tell her I was in the car park and she rang and asked me to come in for one. As the others were all expecting me I told her no and said I'd wait a minute while she finished her drink. Pretty much straight away I spotted in my rear view mirror this very attractive man heading my way. I wound down the window.

"Are you OG?"
"Yep"
"You have to come in for one. Come on!"
"Okay, if I must!"

Some very brief banter followed in the walk across the car park, during which he said he was so pleased I was coming he'd even written my name on his arm! It later transpired he has OG tattooed on his arm - one of those home made tattoos that so many men of a certain age and a probably dubious background have! (How weird is that?!)

As we walked in he was talking to a kid, that seemed to belong to him, (it is his), and after just a few minutes of being in there he put his arm round the girl standing next to him and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I'm just thinking, "damn", first fit bloke who's taken my eye as a potential for a while and he's married with a kid and about to introduce me to his wife! Two minutes later she introduces herself, and her girlfriend of 2 years sitting behind her. Result!!

Anyway, after being introduced to him properly (and discovering not only is he single but also looking for a relationship), as well as the others, who all seemed a good crowd, Lena and I ended up staying at the pub until just before 9, generally having a laugh with the locals, and I spent some time chatting (and flirting ever so slightly!) with him. I was thanking my lucky stars that I had made some effort before going out, because he is truly, truly scrummy, and the first man I have met for a long while that has the air of real potential about him! Tall, dark, average build, late 30's (I think!) and good looking in that not-too-pretty-but-trendy-enough way that I like best. He also seems funny, cheeky and a bit of geezer, but a geezer with plenty of money by the looks of things. He ordered 2 bottles of champagne without batting an eyelid (or making a big show of it!) just before I left!

Lena kept telling me he really liked me (although she was pissed and loved up with a different fella, so I don't really trust her word!), and he did seem to be pretty interested. At one point when we were talking about cooking said "So, when do you want to go out for dinner then?", which I just laughed off. Lena was desperate for us to stay for the rest of the night, which I was quite keen on, but I'd already arranged to see the other girls and wouldn't let them down just like that so eventually I dragged her out of there. I said goodbye to him as I was leaving and went to do the standard double air kissing thing, and was quite surprised when he gave me a really big hug too! I returned the hug and kept it friendly and flirty with "Nice to meet you, might well see you again some time", to which he replied "I hope so!" All good there then, but I kept it very cool with "Maybe!". So, methinks I shall be heading over the village pub very soon!

Finally picked Bea up, and caught up with Meg and Straight in hometown where we went on our merry way. I must have been wearing that mystical Eau De Whore, because I was pulling in some serious looking, then a few pubs in who should I bump into but M! (The old fuck buddy that never really kicked off as a fuck buddy!). I went over to him and KD and said a few words to them, though not a lot to him as I thought he was being a bit standoffish. Carried on around the town when he turned up in the local dive around 1am. He only said a curt hello on the way past to the gents, which I thought was a bit odd, but not that big a deal, but then he just ignored me on the way back. Meg just gave me a look that said 'strange!', I nodded and carried on with the dancing and singing as before.

A short while later he came up again, and said "Are you ignoring me?". I was completely confused, and was like "What you on about? I thought you were ignoring me!!" He said that I had spoken to KD in the other pub but had only said a brief hello to him and he thought I was being off with him?! What the fuck! Anyway, we spent the rest of the night chatting and having a laugh and blatantly flirting with each other, while talking about us in the summer and the situation with CM etc, and then we all left together. I dropped Meg off home (Bea, Straight and Lena had all already gone), then headed to drop KD off and finally M. As I was running really late for my sitter, after I had dropped KD, M said he would come back to mine and call a taxi.

We sat chatting for about fifteen minutes about this and that, and then I figured I really ought to offer him a drink so went to put the kettle on. He came into the kitchen and we were still talking, and the next thing I know we were kissing. And man, does he kiss fucking nicely!! To cut a long story short we ended up shagging, (which although wasn't fireworks and earth moving, was remarkably good considering the let down of the previous times) and then he called a taxi.

I'm cool with the whole M thing. I think it's one of those "right time, right place" kind of things, and I did enjoy it. I really don't think I am going to be actively seeking a repeat performance but I'm not against the idea of it happening again. And I had forgotten how fucking great his kissing is!!

On the whole M is only a pleasant interlude while I'm single, though if I have my way, that status may all be about to change in the not too distant future...

Update:
Lena popped round for a while after work this afternoon to update me on the Jay situation. Apparently he spent all afternoon asking after me, and what I'd said about him. Ah bless! We are supposed to be spending Saturday night over there, which I'm looking forward to but is going to take some planning this weekend, with mate Jane over from New Zealand for a month and staying with me for Easter, and a promised day out with my Dad on Easter Sunday!! Damn the timing of it all!
PS. Apparently he brought the champagne especially to impress me! Bless!

12 comments:

Alfie said...

Lucky M! Pity about the fireworks and earth-moving (lack of). Hope you didn't let it show. The male ego is a fragile thing.

Ordinary Girl said...

Oh of course not Alfie. I'm always very kind in that department! Besides, it was vastly improved on the last couple of times, which I put down to me telling him in the pub that the last times hadn't been crap (as he said!), just a little quick. I think performance nerves are something he suffers a little with, so I was very flattering about the good things - like the kissing! And I did enjoy it, even if it wasn't mind blowing.

Lady in red said...

OG I have now posted the evening on kindred

Lady in red said...

It seems like you ahd a good evening yourself :-)

Anonymous said...

nice one girl xx and you have another lined up, like the sytle xx

Angela-la-la said...

Oooh, he sounds lovely! The timing is good, it means you'll be a bit unavailable and mysterious... ;-)

Persian Princess said...

weerhhay on the shag and werrrhaay on the new man potential!! he sounds lovely OG, look fwd to hearing about your next meet ;-)

Ordinary Girl said...

I most certainly did Lady :-)

Thanks Wayne. The one lined up is the one I'm most interested in!

Good point FB. Though have just sorted out X to go to her dad's for the night, so hopefully...

Lots of werhay indeed Goro. I look forward to having it!

Midnight said...

WTG OG it's about time you got back in the saddle girl! Glad to hear it was a good ride and sounds like another one on the cards!?

Anonymous said...

Mr ATM says "A bloke she hasn't been out with?" like I've got it wrong....

After looking over my shoulder though has just recovered from thinking that I call him Mr ATM due to some money thing...I wish!

Anonymous said...

Whoot! Sounds like it's raining men over there. I should really visit Britain.

Ordinary Girl said...

Oh I do hope so Middy! Though intending to do this one "properly"!

Lol, tell Mr ATM "Yes! One I haven't been out with!". You know the local town, hardly teaming with eligible young batchelors!! And wouldn't it be nice if he was your own personal ATM machine :-) More the other way round!

Long may it continue Jaded. Though its always a drought or a downpour with me!