Sunday, March 18, 2007

Wedding bells

No, not mine!!

Despite my bad shoulder, which, after an entire evening of heat application had eased off when I woke up yesterday morning, only to annoyingly return with a vengeance at around 11am, I managed to get out last night to my mate Smiler's engagement party. Didn't get there until around 9pm because I was running late (and because double dosing on medication does your stomach no good at all!!), and so it was pretty busy by the time I arrived.

It was a good night, (although the shoulder which with the aid of multiple drug use was by 9pm the best it had been for the last two nights, still held me back (read saved!) from some embarrassing dance moves), and whilst nothing super exciting occurred, I managed to catch up with quite a few people I haven't seen for a while, including friend Disco who is just back from her travels in India. Hurrah!!

I also got another wedding invite for the beginning of August, which is very cool, as I love weddings (unless they're my 14yrs younger sister's a short while after breaking up with the love of my life of course!!) and I haven't been to one for ages. I'm annoyed I didn't take my camera with me, because for once there was loads of people I know in the one place and I would have liked to update my photo collection, but I'm sure there will be some kicking around somewhere.

In the main though, apart from having a good laugh with people who have been a part of my life for longer than I care to think about, it was lovely to see Smiler and Mrs-Smiler-To-Be having a good time, and I wish them well. Actually, I wish her bloody good luck, because despite loving Smiler to bits, having known him for 17years, I certainly wouldn't marry him! I just hope he manages to keep Little Smiler in his trousers!!

8 comments:

Vi said...

It's great catching up with old friends. No weddings around here, it's more divorce parties instead!

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Hey OG.. Strange how quiet we seems to be getting. I used to read your blog and have to dash to the nearest peaceful place to take the situation in hand and think about life.. now, well , now I just look forward to reading to see what u up to. I think we need to add some spice to ours lives...Up for a challenge?

Midnight said...

I take it from the 'little smiler' comment that he has a history? Can a leopard change it's spots?

Anonymous said...

well said midnight, no way is what I say, if it changed its spots to stirps, would it be a zebra?

Persian Princess said...

hmm, that's an interesting one M'night - I'd like to think that yes, a leapord can change its spots...but I suspect the opposite is true - I know I've done regrettable things in the past...and would probably do them again!
glad you had fun anyway OG - I love weddings too...although more for the booze and everyone having fun than for the romance!

Alfie said...

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Devastated in fact. I hate to think of you in any sort of pain. We hope and pray it gets better soon. As for weddings ... Emm loves 'em of course. All I can say is they sure as hell beat funerals.

Ordinary Girl said...

Lol Vi. Well any excuse for a party is a good excuse for me!

Thanks Joe. I think!? My life certainly is undergoing a bit of "downtime" right now, but I'm sure things will pick up again!! A challenge eh...? What do you have in mind?

Yes indeed he does Middy! As for leopards changing their spots... I suppose it depends how much Daz the Mrs has to wash them away!

Lol Wayne! God knows, I'm too confused with trying to track that question :-)

Haven't we all Goro! Haven't we all!! Booze, fun, romance... any or all is good with me!

Thank you Alfie. It's much better now. And lol, a very positive sentiment indeed!

Midnight said...

I think a leopard can change its spots when moving to a new pasture, but when they have strayed within a relationship, they will always do so again. I hope it works out for your friend!