Monday, March 26, 2007

Raaar!!!

Went to work this morning stressed to fuckity fuck! Seriously, seriously stressed!! It is the end of the financial year, and I am trying to write budgets, which include purchasing services for drugs work and young peoples work, and nobody can make a final decision about what the fuck we want. It is truly a nightmare!! On top of that, one of our service providers is playing stupid with a member of my team (employed by them), and trying to make it look as if it is anybody's fault but theirs, and I'm having to deal with her on the phone distraught all the time. Counselling is not in my job description!!

So, this morning, I have all of this going on, (plus a mountain of work including an annual report and a 2 year strategy to write in the next two weeks, not to mention an open day and a steering group meeting, amongst other things), and have also got a meeting with our new Director to see if myself and my line managed staff member have jobs or not. I tell you, I was shitting myself that I was going to have to tell her she was out of a job - more than I was worried about being told I was out of a job! I actually woke up this morning from several bad (and slightly weird) dreams about it.

Anyway, yay for the new Director, who has told me that not only are both our jobs safe, but we are also slotting in, so don't even have to reinterview for them! Yay, yay, yay!!

Now just the normal shit left to get on with...!

11 comments:

Midnight said...

Yay for good news! Get celebrating at the weekend?

DirkStar said...

Yowsers, tough day...

Maybe you could use a laugh?


Uh, I think there may be something wrong with my eyes...


Maybe you could come and have a look?

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og Og ...

Smile :)

Vi said...

Take a deep breath, OG! How many days, minutes, seconds to Vegas?

Persian Princess said...

ooh, good news on the job OG - deffo worth a celebratory tipple I say!

Persian Princess said...

or a celebratory chocolate bar maybe?! ;-)))

Alfie said...

So glad you have one less thing to worry about. And the shops are full of chocolate Easter eggs. How could life possibly be better?

Anonymous said...

what a releif with work, no-one needs that, x

Wild Cat said...

Glad your job is safe :o)

The Boy said...

Indeed, hurrah for the new director. He/She is obviously a person of intelligence and insight.

Ordinary Girl said...

Celebrations duly intended Middy!

Welcome Dirk Star!

Joe - you make me blush :-)

Ooooh Vi. Not sure, but I will be in a minute!

Thanks Goro. I'm so pleased! Plus I just realised I should be getting a raise in July! Yay!

Lol Alfie. I'm sure I just don't know!

Absolutely Wayne! The mighty NHS restructuring! It has been a very stressful time just lately.

Cheers Cat, and I hope yours certainly picks up soon!

Oh I hope so duddler! I hope so!