Monday, March 12, 2007

Blah de blah de blah

So Saturday night saw me driving to the legendary Blah, home of the irrepressible Vi! It had been a bit touch and go a few hours earlier as I'd had an email I didn't want to read that both surprised and devestated me in one quick swoop. However, much tears, cigarettes, and driving later, I figured I would deal with it later and decided to head to Blah...

Met Vi at the CU, where she kindly popped out and collected me, thereby saving me from being snarled at by the "locals" (please insert Little Britain styley voiceover!), and the threat of being heckled from the pub! We sat and chatted for a bit, bearing in mind this was pretty much the first time we had spoken to each other, and I was struck by just how much this girl laughs! I don't think she even realises she does it, but she's really such a happy, easygoing person, and its the thing I really noticed about her. She's also friendly, down to earth, and very considerate. I think she was on her "best behaviour" a little, because I wasn't drinking (not that it would have bothered me), so I don't think I saw the 0-60 that Middy had the pleasure of, but even without it, I'm sure she's got more than a little mad in her when she gets going :-) All in all Vi was positively lovely, and I'm sure you will all agree when you finally get to catch up with her!

So, back to Blah... First up were Jasmine and Wolf, who I recognised from their photos, followed swiftly by Egg, and Tony (who didnt ring any bells). It was most bizarre to be introduced to people and then be constantly trying to figure out who they were and what they'd been up to, and in a way I'm glad that I kind of gave that up and relied on Vi to sneakily whisper the relevant bits in my ear!

Moved on from the CU and did the tour of Blah (all 4 pubs!), and I have no idea what order they were in or what they're real life or blogland names now are!! Was introduced to Barbie and a drunken but loyal mate in one (where me and Vi also did some quick ogling of unknown men - unfortunately married ones!), a very over friendly (towards Vi) bloke in another, and finally got a glimpse of the infamous AC in the final haunt.

Back to the CU we went, and gravitated to the "centre of the universe" (so I'm told!) table in the back bar. More were out by now - PYT, PYT's brother (who was actually a bit of a honey), Magoo, George, a girl with beautiful hair, another bloke who at one point was a little too interested in me but was fortunately distracted by the local bike (Vi's words!!!), as well as the original Egg and Tony.

The mystery of Kings commenced - and let me tell you folks, it has to be seen (or experienced) to be believed! It was hysterical to watch!! They are all a really good bunch, and all very funny in their own way (Egg, Magoo, Tony and George especially), and much laughing and bantering was occurring, which was great! But then add in the fucking hilarity of Kings and much alcohol, and it was too too funny!!

Finally got thrown out of the CU (I don't remember what time) and headed back to Vi's for a bit of a chinwag and a general putting to right of the world, before I saw her eyes glazing over with the boredom of my voice and thought I'd better let the poor woman get some sleep! I decided to come home so I could laze in bed all day on Sunday and she had plenty of time to get ready for the hot Pete date, and I left about 3am, with much chuckling under my belt!!

So, thank you Vi - I am sure I shall return to Blah in the pretty near future. You have to survive the challenge of a night out in *hometown* yet though...!

12 comments:

Vi said...

Man, do I really laugh a lot?

Glad you had a good time, that I wasn't too in your face!

Looking forward to a trip to your hometown, and will introduce Kings to your mates 'have game, will travel!'

Ordinary Girl said...

Lol, yes you do! All the time. That's a good thing though! Would like to see you try!! In this town a conversation is difficult enough, let alone a whole game :-)

Anonymous said...

could n't help but bring a smile to my face reading this, glad to hear you both had fun, would love to have been there myself, x

Mummy said...

Ahh, the bit about how fun and great Vi is brought a tear to my eye, it made me smile so hard with pride that you could see how fab she is, and then my heart hurt with missing her and jealousy that i cant see her so easily.

you did alright with 3am no booze!! espesh after your crap email news you touch on.

Loving the challenge of a hometown match!

Vi said...

I'll take that challenge on, OG!

Alfie said...

Nice to hear of you having a good time. You deserve it.

Angela-la-la said...

Having just read the rules of Kings I think you were wise to stay sober!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, hun.

always kris said...

Very jealous at you all getting to meet! :-p

The Boy said...

Nothing like a good blog meet to bring reality to the fore.

Midnight said...

No sausages? Vi does legend sausages! I reckon all roads lead to Blah and before long half of blogland will have been there! Glad you enjoyed it, I know I certainly did (from what I can remember)!

Vi said...

I offered to cook for her middy, but she declined!

Anonymous said...

Cheers Alfie.

You're soooo right FB!!

Well maybe we'll all head over to you one day Kris. For a blogland holiday?!

Very true boy!

Damn! I should have agreed to sausages! Didn't want to impose though. Daft as I am!

And ahem, Miss Vi - talking in my comment box as if I wasn't here. Tsk :-)