Sunday, March 11, 2007

An ex file

I was talking to my friend Molly yesterday about MC (http://adayinthelifeoftheordinarygirl.blogspot.com/search/label/MC ), my ex-boyfriend from a few years ago (the alcoholic). I hadn't seen her for ages and we were just generally catching up, and she just asked if I'd seen him or been in contact lately and how he was doing etc. (She was married to an alcoholic before her current marriage, and he died in January at just 35yrs old so that was the precursor to the conversation). I haven't seen him or been in touch with him for probably well over a year now, which I told her, and that I didn't really see the point in us keeping in touch as we'd tried to make a go of it a second time around and having a relationship just proved to be too much of a strain on his alcoholic recovery, and there was too much water (and Tennants Super) under the bridge for it to translate into a friendship.

After we broke up I spent months paranoid I'd get a call to say he was dead, but now though I do occasionally wonder how he's doing, and if I see his mate out I always ask after him, that's as far as it goes. Until yesterday I hadn't thought about him for ages.

This afternoon I got a text from an unknown number -
Hiya, wot u up 2 nowadays? hows the kids? give em my love x

Hello. They're good thanks. Who's this?

M. got difrent number now, just sortin me contact details out. wot u up 2 then? x

Ah. which M though (the same name as CM and M!!) ? I'm all good. Busy working etc. and have just booked to go to Vegas in May. Yay. How bout you?

Piss head M ur nitemare ex boyfriend! no1 just incase u ad anover nitemare boyfriend caled M since! why u off 2 vegas u gettin maried? x

Blimey, haven't heard from you for ages. Lol, I've had 2 Ms since you. Not as much of a nightmare though :-) Not getting married, don't know why everyone always asks that? Just a holiday. Going to see ATM and hubby. How's everything with you then?

I'm cool, things tickin over ok. getin by, as u do! wot u doin now, u workin in "nearby town" still? how's X an Y? bet Ys a typical kevin the teenager now ent he? and i reckon Xs calmed down and not 2 bad now she bit older... u happy then? x

Working in "local town" now for NHS. Never worked in "nearby town"? Am loving it. X is a bit calmer now, still X though! Y not too much a kevin yet, just every now and then! Happy? Yeah, I guess, pretty much. Glad your doing ok, your a good bloke.

U just sent the same mesage as last time! email or im me, M@.com

Random! Very, very random!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

So you going to contact him?

Ordinary Girl said...

We had a couple of emails after that Vi. I was worried that he would want to pick up communication again and that would lead to a rejection by me situation. I don't want to be involved with him too much and I can't bear the responsibility for a relapse. He seems cool though, doing well and doing a creative writing course which is down to me and all my books apparently!! I'm pleased to have the occasional check in, but thats as far as it will go.