Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekend - part 1 - Robbie (the God) Williams

Ok, so lets start off with Friday. As you may have gathered from my previous posts I went to see Robbie (the God) in concert at Milton Keynes on Friday. It was my third time of seeing him, having seen him first at MK Bowl and then at Knebworth on his previous tours.

It was all good, although unfortunately for you Joie he did not whisk me away in his private helicopter and force me to...... enough there, I don't need to kick start the libido with those kind of fantasies...!! Orson didn't play (Boo!!!), instead it was DJ Chris Coco (I'd never heard of him either!!) who played some good tunes but nothing to write home about. Then came Basement Jaxx, who rocked!!! I've never been a Jaxx fan, in fact I wasn't even sure if I knew any of there songs. But I did, loads, and they were fabulous. The female singers, who not only have fantastic voices but rather large bodies, really shaked their thangs, and I had a real "Go girl" kind of respect for that. I'm not a skinny thing (about a size 16, 5'5) and you know hands up to those beautiful, big, black women in this skinny arse media world we live in!! You rock Basement Jaxx!!!!

Robbie (the God) was as beautiful, as loud, as cocky, as vulnerable, as god damn horny as ever, but - (yes I am loathe to say there is a but!), I've seen him better! I know I know, shoot me now for my insolence, but he just looked shattered, and his sparkle was a little more lacklustre than usual. When I've seen him before, you can practically taste, see and feel the testosterone oozing out of him and the pheromones flying round the stadium. It just wasn't there in its usual abundance. That said, he still rocks, he is still the sexiest man currently on the planet, and I still wish he would..................!!

1 comment:

Mummy said...

Bummer about Orson, Bonus about Basement Jaxx, they rock! Sounded very cool. I know what you mean about robbie, ive seen him 3 times now,and twice was the end of his world tour here in nz. 1 time he rocked cos he was plsd it was last show and he said loads of cheeky stuff he hadnt said rest of tour, 2nd time he was knackered, and my mum and I felt a little ripped off, he seemed to be in a bad mood. He still rocked of course, but not as much as normal, I know what u mean.