Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Plea to the boys...

Okay, so there's good news and bad news about the CM situation. Well actually there's good news and bad if you're an overanalysing girlie news... hence the plea to the boys. Though do please comment also girls!

The good news is that I am seeing CM on Thursday. Yay!! The bad news is that I am an impatient Annie and I couldn't wait to hear from him so I text him first, (will I ever learn?!?!) and am now having a paranoid city attack!

So, here is how it went...

Me - Hi there. Hope you good. Just checking we on for this Thursday and not just a Thursday. That's if I haven't scared you off with my rambling! Just need to let my sitter know..

CM - (FIFTEEN minutes later I must say!!!) No, this Thursday it was. I am lying flat on the floor at the minute, hurt my back, didn't do anything, just moved funny I guess. What time shall I come get you?

Me - Cool bout Thurs. Not cool bout your back. You want to be careful... some women would take advantage of your unfortunate position :-) Bout 8? That ok? I don't mind driving though.

CM - Lol, to some pain is pleasure I'm told. Been a while since I came round, what number do you live at?

Me - (made him wait 20mins this time!) **** Street. Looking forward to it. See you thursday. x

Thats it. Now I know I am probably being stupid but I really really wish I had waited and let him text me first because now I am being paranoid that he isn't that bothered and that for some reason he is just coming because he feels bad. And I wanted him to text me back "I'm looking forward to it too" so I could be all happy and fluffy and smiley again.

So, Joe, Tobi, Boy, Flash, Virgin and any other random men that might happen by... am I just being a girl? Why do we girls over analyse and over obsess about stupid bloody things, and should we? And Joie, Me, and other random girls that might happen by... IS IT JUST ME THAT DOES THIS???!

8 comments:

Mummy said...

No, its soooo not you. I do this too, and I do the texting first too, sometimes. I jsut get inpatient and I start saying to myself 'do what you want, if u wanna ring him, ring him' - im sure i must frighten them off sometimes, but ya know what? thats there problem. If hes not that into you, how are u supposed to tell? You have to push it sometimes. I like how cheeky/funny he is on text even with back pain. I would assume thats why he didnt reply to last text (pain).

Mummy said...

No, its soooo not you. I do this too, and I do the texting first too, sometimes. I jsut get inpatient and I start saying to myself 'do what you want, if u wanna ring him, ring him' - im sure i must frighten them off sometimes, but ya know what? thats there problem. If hes not that into you, how are u supposed to tell? You have to push it sometimes. I like how cheeky/funny he is on text even with back pain. I would assume thats why he didnt reply to last text (pain).

Mummy said...

been meaning to say this for a while, your real name isnt brooke clarke is it? (can see in your copyright text). Hope not, be safe OG, remove real name in case of stalkers, or place address also, so us stalkers can get to you easily.

Ordinary Girl said...

Thank god it's not just me. I do worry sometimes! I have to say, reading it on the screen it doesn't seem like too bad a text conversation ;-) Phew!

Teeheehee. No, my real name isn't Brooke Clarke. It is a stalker safe pseudonym!

Although if it was and I just realised, even if I deleted it from my profile it would be in your comments now (which I can't delete). Doh!!!!

My stalkers have to work harder than that ;-) x

Anonymous said...

Blokes analyse and have much the same insecurities too. Leaving aside the rare bloke who has total confidence, we have to worry if a girl likes us. Fi we donl;t like her we worry aobut whether we are hurting her and whether it is right (and still shag her even if it is not)

Tobiwan said...

From my perspective, your exchange via text seemed positive. This is a stage where I tend to start getting cold feet as well.

Now I'm going to remind you that text is responsible for more misunderstandings than any other form of communication in the world today. Unless the individuals are both exceptional communicators (in the written format), any conversations over text are 'subject to interpretation' by the reader'.

My personal experience is that I will always make up a more elaborate explanation than the real story. Great imaginations we have, don't we?

I wouldn't recommend texting him again if you're expecting reinforcing statements from him(ie. he didn't say he was looking forward to it specifically). Focus on what the words he uses, not on what he doesn't write.

Texting with the motivation of giving him things to think about is okay in my book.

If I received a text (from woman I was going on a date with in the near future) saying something that arouses my interest, I will most definitely reply with something just as arousing. Good for building up the sexual tension/romance for the evening.

Tobiwan said...

Edit! I wanted to clarify one statement:
"Focus on what the words he uses, not on what he doesn't write."

Focus on the words he uses, try to avoid speculating on what he doesn't say.

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Hello there,

Why are u so worried? about what he thinks? Look that said I know many people who do the same as you do. Me, I want people to take me as I am. I try not analys stuff to much, as you could drive yourself quite batty. Try over imagining it to the extreme as a way of showing yourself just how silly youare being. Say Ok he might not have wanted to see me on Thursday..Why not Well maybe he had this really important busness to go to, to help solve the world shportage of water. But now, because he feels sorry for me he is not going to be able to do that and millions re going to die because of me. Also he just feels so siorry for me that he is going to lie and cheat just to avoid hurting me.. etc etc etc.
If he didnt want to see you, I am sure he is big enough to say so. I bet he's as worried about stuff as you are. I say Stop worrying about what ifs' and what coulds' and live for the moment. Enjoy your time together and go with the flow.