Thursday, May 10, 2007

Vegas - Part 7 - Wednesday Wit

Despite the early night, we all woke late on Wednesday. I had another day of tanning planned, but thought as I was going to be away for the next two days I'd better get my gift shopping in, so headed up the road to 'The Greatest Gift Shop', which is a massive shop housing more tacky rubbish than I have ever seen in one place! Needless to say I managed to spend $60 on tat, for X and Y, and the girls from work (cool pens that have naked men on them who's pants disappear when you tip them upside down! hehehe).

The rest of the day was spent by the pool, by myself, while ATM and the others (when I say others you may have realised by now that this doesn't include Valerie, Tim, Sprog, Yule or Curtains!), went to do some sightseeing and to secure some tickets for an evening show, as it would be our last night altogether. Mr and Mrs S and Lanky were leaving Friday.

ATM and Mr ATM returned around teatime, with tickets to a comedy night in The Riviera so after some freshening up we headed off to meet CT and Lanky. Mr and Mrs S had bailed on us and instead decided to go see Elton John (at $250!!!) playing live, with plans to meet up afterwards.

So we hit The Riviera, early enough to secure good seats, and while we were waiting some cheesy looking hypnotist fellow came out and started asking the queue if they wanted to be hypnotised! At this point we are starting to get a little concerned that the night is going to end up a whitewash (as well as trying to make sure he didn't touch any of us in case he cast some kind of hypnotist spell on us!), but figured we were here now and might as well stick with it as we'd paid $25 for the priviledge! (Shit, as I'm typing this I just realised I didn't pay ATM for the fucking ticket!! Shit, shit, shit!).

So in we went, avoiding eye and physical contact with hypnotist geezer, and settled down with drinks. First up was a warm-up comedian whose name escapes me now but who was actually quite funny, and then main act Mr Cheesy Hypnotist himself, Mark Sweet. And I tell you now, if you ever get the chance to go and see this man... then do so!!

He was fucking hysterical! Started off with some funny banter, then a few cheesy but hysterical jokes involving a couple of people from the audience, then finally moving onto the hypnotising and making them look like twats stage. And it was just so funny. Not only that he had them all doing stupid things, but his banter with it. I don't think any of us stopped laughing all the way through. Most definitely money well spent! (Although, shit, I don't think I spent any!!)

Still chuckling we headed off to the bar at The Stratosphere (unfortunately no band this time) again to meet up with Mr and Mrs S and get the lowdown on Elton, and more bottles of wine and beers were consumed before CT and Lanky headed for a strip joint and the rest of us headed back to The Hilton. Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for her, Mr ATM and myself were unable to convince Mrs S (who was dying for a wee) to piss behind a sign on the side of the road, which truly would have gone down as Las Vegas legend, so after arriving Mr ATM gallantly offered to let her use our facilities, and they both returned with beer for to join us for the obligatory fag break (me only) outside. This managed to last until about 4am, before we all said our goodbyes (mine the last time I would see them in Vegas), and staggered up to bed, Hardly a night of beauty sleep for my trip to another state in america the following day...!

No comments: