Friday, May 11, 2007

Vegas (and SF) - Part 8 - Thursday travelling

So Thursday morning came, and with it a trip to SFO.

I hadn't really been too nervous or excited up until then, having been keeping busy with all the Vegas adventures, but it all kicked in on the way to the airport, though I was feeling more excitement than nerves.

I was pretty confident that although it had been nearly a year since I had seen him face to face we would be just as we had been, in terms of ease anyway, after all, I wouldn't have bothered all this time without that belief in me, in him, and ultimately in us. That said, I wasn't expecting to run into his arms at the airport to declarations of undying love and marriage. Resilient I may be, certifiably insane I'm not!

So, soppy as it may sound, I was happy and excited to be going, and spent the whole journey there thinking "I'm gonna see my baby, I'm gonna see my baby".

A pretty uneventful journey and I arrived at the airport. Had a bit of a panic as I hadn't specified exactly where I was meeting him, and my mobile wasn't working in America. However, I just headed to the sign that said "Meeting Point" and figured that's where he'd be. I spotted him as I was coming down the escalators, and was glad that I had seen him first and had a few seconds to breathe and prepare, I couldn't stop smiling at this point, and I wanted to make sure our first few seconds weren't awkward, so as I was travelling down I leant over the bannister and wolf whistled quietly at him to get his attention. A few seconds later and we were on the same level, and greeted each other with hugging and a few non-sexual kisses.

We headed to the car, idle chit chat commencing (don't ask me what about - probably flight, etc), and then he said we were going for a drive in the mountains and then for a walk on the beach. So, drive we did. And chat. And smile. And it was all so absolutely easy and natural - like I just saw him last week and the last 18 months hadn't happened.

So, we stopped for a coffee in a small bar on the way, and then drove through picturesque villages and scenery, and the hills, which really are quite beautiful. We got to the beach, which was pretty much deserted (and a tad breezy after the 90 degrees of Vegas!) - and whilst walking he reached for my hand, again completely naturally, and the level of physical contact began from there. We sat for a while chatting, and then headed back to his apartment.

We sat and chilled some more for a while, and then headed out to a local town to eat in a lovely Peruvian restaurant, before a couple of drinks in the local Irish bar (which was so far removed from an Irish bar I can't tell you!!), and then heading back to the apartment again, relatively early.

More relaxing, smoking and chatting occurred, and then we went to bed, together, and at his instigation. I was fully intending to sleep on the sofa, although I knew the chances of that were relatively slim really, but he offered the sharing of his bed (due to lack of blankets for the sofa - yeah, a pretty thin excuse I think we were both aware of) and I accepted.

I was determined not to end up having sex with him while I was there, not because I didn't want to but because I didn't want to complicate an uncomplicated time. Obviously I knew sex wasn't an unlikely outcome, given our history in that department, but I also wasn't sure how he would be about it, and despite a lot of physical contact, I hadn't really had any sexual vibes.

So, I undressed in the bathroom, donned a nightie, kept my knickers on (which the cheeky bleeder had a little check of!) and came out to him already in bed, and in t-shirt and boxers. I got in beside him, expecting him to just stay on his side of the bed, half hoping he would, half hoping he wouldn't, and turned away from him to sleep. Pretty much straight away he was spooning in behind me, and I was relaxing back into that, both of us as tight together as could be, with me conscious of every part of me and every part of him that was touching.

We just lay like that for a while, and it just felt so fucking good. Then he kissed me on the head, said goodnight and rolled over and away from me, just as he's always done (except without the several hours of orgasms beforehand), before I rolled into him, hitched a leg over, as I've always done (except without the several hours of orgasms beforehand), and we both settled for sleep.

No comments: