Sunday, May 20, 2007

The best laid plans

Having struggled a bit to get back into the swing of things this week, I was pretty sure I'd be having a quiet one this weekend to help me relax back into the boredom of life in England. It didn't exactly happen like that!

I had an invitation to a friend of Disco's birthday evening in local town for last night, and I was umming and aaahing about whether to go for the above reason, a lack of money and a feeling of not wanting to plan but just see how I felt when Saturday night rolled around. My babysitter had been round to see if I needed her this weekend, and I'd told her I'd let her know Friday as I couldn't even be bothered to decide any more than that. Friday came round and she was asking again, so in the end I thought I'd better book her and then just see what I fancied doing.

After a bit of a nap Friday evening I woke up about 9pm and just felt like getting out a bit, so had been to The Nun for a few, which was amusing but nothing spectacular, but had given me a taste for an evening out last night. I still wasn't sure about the birthday in local town, wanting to see Disco but knowing we probably wouldn't get too much of a chance to talk, and Lena had asked me to go for a few in The Nun on Saturday night to meet her after she finished at 7pm. So, eventually, I decided to meet Lena for a couple and then head over to the birthday girl.

Got to The Nun as planned around 7.45pm, only to discover Lena was still helping out, so ended up chatting to local fellow Justin for much of the evening, along with a few of the other regulars. We were having quite a laugh and plenty of banter and before I knew it it was about 9.30pm and Lena was only just finishing. We had done some girlie chattering and I was planning to text Disco and head over to local town as it was pretty quiet in The Nun and heading on for closing time, when a few of the regulars who's been out for a meal elsewhere returned. And the madness began!

Before we knew it the non-regulars had left, the barman on duty had left, and Lena was serving copious amounts of Jack Daniels, Amaretto, Vodka and Wine to the 7 of us that remained. Who were all, excluding me, absolutely slaughtered!

Highlights of the evening that I recall are:

- Justin on the table singing into a lighter
- Mr M coming out with ridiculous wisecracks making everybody roar
- Mrs M shaking flowers all over herself singing "flowers in her hair"
- Mr C on his back on the floor doing some ridiculous dying fly impression
- Mrs C on top of Mr C on his back
- Justin on top of Mrs C on top of Mr C on his back
- Mr M on top of Justin on top of Mrs C on top of Mr C on his back
- Mrs M on top of Mr M on top of Justin on top of Mrs C on top of Mr C on his back, (yeehaaing like she was a rodeo rider!)
- Mrs M drinking straight from the lager tap and dribbling the froth out of her mouth in a most provocative manner
- Justin picking up Mrs M, twirling her round and dropping her
- Mrs M and Mrs C snogging
- Mr C spending twenty minutes trying to find the mobile phone video footage he had shot of Mrs C and Mrs M snogging
- Mr M mooning whilst dancing with Mrs M
- Mrs M going one better and dropping her jeans and walking around flashing just a g-string
- Mrs C, who was staying the night with Mr and Mrs M saying "I'm scared now!"
- A massive rendition of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' involving much wailing, air guitar and headbanging

I'm sure there were more!

Finally left at around 2am, (and after dropping Justin off home, and then Lena) I was apologising for late return to babysitter and again not getting into bed until nearly 3am. So much for a quiet few in The Nun!

No comments: