Saturday, May 12, 2007

Vegas (and SF) - Part 9 - Friday farewell

I woke up all nice and snuggly on Friday morning, after a relatively good night's sleep, and after DM's obligatory morning fag and coffee he returned to bed for a chat. After a bit of a cuddle and chat I was starting to get a bit twitchy at being in such semi-clothed proximity, so whilst getting up for a wee decided I'd better get a shower and some clothes on to take temptation out of the way. I think that's possibly the first time in my entire life I have been out of bed and dressed before DM!

Another lazy day followed, with me quite desperate to get out of the house in the morning, due to the urge to touch him, and so we headed off for a drive to San Paulo (I think??) and a general wander around the shops and area, stopping for a coffee and a chat here and there. We had planned to go to the Golden Gate Bridge in the afternoon, but time ran away with us, (particularly after I spent an age in a book shop!), and DM was worried that we'd hit traffic and struggle to get to the airport.

As before, the conversation was easy and comfortable, and the level of physical connection remained the same, although with much more conversation about sex, both general and also about us, and much more flirting and suggestion. I remained sensible though, and stuck to my guns of no longer being a one-off to him, despite my libido telling me otherwise!

So, after another detour to the apartment, and a bit more smoking and chatting, we decided to take a blanket and walk around to the lake near him and just sit and chill in the sunshine. Which was a really, really lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. (Including the meal some woman made of putting a cycle helmet on some kid!! Again, I was a good girl and refrained from going over there and doing it for her!!)

We just lay chatting, about us, about this and that, about funny lakeside buildings that looked like hats. Some flirting, more touching, and a few pictures. It was all very quiet, and beautiful, and just bloody relaxing! But all too soon it seemed, it was time to head back, again hand in hand, stopping at the local Starbucks for a quick coffee and cake!

The last hour or so before I went everything seemed to get a bit quieter. Much less chat than there had been - from both of us. And I know I was aware that soon it would be time to say goodbye, get on a plane, and be gone - not really knowing whether that would be the last time or not. We spent the last half hour cuddled on the sofa, listening to music and not really saying much at all.

The drive to the airport was pretty quiet too, and I was trying to keep myself together, at least until I had said goodbye to him. I think he was pretty aware of that, and I think he was a little sad too. He walked me into the airport and we checked me in etc, had a big, big hug and a couple of those head/cheek kisses, a few deep breaths, a reminder from him that I would see him again in a couple of weeks, and then I headed off to security. He waited for a few minutes, but I was struggling to keep the smile pasted on at that point so I waved him away, and managed to just about hold it together until he had gone.

And then I cried. And didn't really stop until I was up in the air and halfway back to Vegas.

2 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

Just found this, tucked away down the sidebar!

I'm pleased you had a good two days together, sometimes snuggling and sleeping together is better than sex (but only sometimes!)

Ordinary Girl said...

Hehehe, you'd be surprised what's hiding down here!
I'm pleased I went, even though it doesn't seem to have had the effect I want!
And yes, sleeping is nice, but damn the shagging would have been better ;-)