Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!

Praise be to the Goddess of Mothers!! Thanks to mine (and her ex internet cafe running partner), I am now furnished with yet another second hand pc (while aforementioned partner fixes my old pc, or obtains old hard drive contents. Oh god why did I take and save risque photos of myself on that very same hard drive??!!) , and am back on t'internet!!! YAY!

(In the great scheme of destiny which decrees any small amount of pleasure must be counterbalanced with equal (or more so) amounts of pain; a quick "fuck you" to my bastard credit card company, who after I cleared my £500 limit this month in order to pay for my Vegas flights, sent me a nice letter telling me they had reviewed said credit limit and reduced it to £250. Hence the bouncing of said flights!!! BASTARDS!!)

But lets not dwell eh... (Bastards!!)

Was over in local town last night for a mates birthday, and spent a pleasant evening catching the eye and smiling shyly at a beautiful piece of male totty (built in the style of Pete from Big Brother - except without the shouting of "wankers" every few seconds) in the birthday boys group of friends. Was very pleased to have a few smiles returned, and decided to commence initial enquiries regarding the love god before me. Unfortunately, initial enquiries informed me that he was very much in love with a current partner. A non-female one!! Oh, the waste!!

Declined to go onto funky but studenty alternative club (mainly due to funds and babysitter curfews), and instead opted to spend the remainder of the evening back at local dive in hometown, where we were suitably amused by the variety of weird and wonderful (also not so wonderful) creatures on display!

Have spent today having a duvet day (excepting trip to Sainsbury's for emergency duvet day supplies - read french bread, pate, grapes and doughnuts), catching up on some long lost blogs, and being smug in my parenting skills as both X and Y have behaved impeccably for the whole day!! So, all in all a pretty average but fairly good weekend.

So back to work tomorrow, with a multitude of problems to deal with and tasks to complete, before the next weekend rolls round again - this time with a trip to local theatre for a (hopefully) pleasant and amusing evening of laughs at the comedy night!! Can't wait!

8 comments:

Midnight said...

You can't beat local dives for a bit of people watching! Shame 'Pete person' bats for the other side eh! Just your luck.

Alfie said...

So glad to hear about the pc. Devastated to hear about the credit card bastards. Where does this put your stateside trip? As for pretty boy, he doesn't know what he's missing (presumably).

always kris said...

Thats what Ive always heard, the guys are either 'taken' or gay. I am so tahnkful most days that I am not out in the world of dating! Glad to have you back OG, I got a new home PC also, although I wasnt around much this weekend.

Vi said...

Back online, great to hear!

Kris beat me to it, the hotties are always married or gay.

Had the most beautiful guy turn up at the party I was working at on Saturday night, by himself, but left before I could flirt, dammit! Bet he was gay, he was THAT handsome!

always kris said...

wow! First time I ever beat VI at anything! :) lol

Tobiwan said...

Married or Gay...what about 'in a relationship' or 'damaged goods'? I'm sure there are plenty of guys who also fit into that category. Uhhh...maybe even call them emotionally unavailable?

Nice to have you back with us OG!

Anonymous said...

Hey am finally rid of (very nice) guests...and winding down and catching up.

a) Yey for new (stand in pc).

b) With Mr ATM being an okay looking bloke I ask him once a week if he's gay. I know he's my husband but he likes cleaning a little too much. If he eventually admits it one day I will not be surprised.

b) Nightmare about the credit card - what will happen about flights do you know?

Anonymous said...

Yes Middy, certainly is. However, that's the kind of rejection thats easiest to deal with :-)

Thank you Alfie, though it seems I haven't had enough time to enjoy it work commitments at the moment! Not sure about the trip, am hoping to be able to just about afford it still.

You're right Kris, and this one was taken AND gay!! Rejoicing with you over the pc!

Bugger when that happens!! And you're right, gay or a small dick no doubt!

Well married is just the same as in a relationship I reckon. Unavailable sums it up. Do reckon you're right about the damaged goods thing though. Perhaps we should clarify by unavailable, fucked up or gay! How's that?

Hey you - Lol, well none of us would be surprised!! Though I think you're quite safe really. He's not gay, just a big girl! I don't know about flights, I'm doing that thing of not thinking about it until I have to. Am hoping to probably still come, and have got until 28th to pay again for same flights (get paid on 27th), so I'm pretty sure I'm still coming, I just may have to live on soda water and restaurant bread when I get out there (that or find some stupid rich gambler and take advantage!!). Its just a bleeder that job security at the moment is great, my income reduces by about £400mth from April, and now this. So, have a few days to make a final decision.