Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Facts

Saturday 27th Jan 07
DM – I’m in town for a couple of weeks. What happens now is your call.

OG – You’re a fucker DM! Why does it always have to be down to me? By “in town” you mean where?

DM – Because you’re the one making a big deal of it. I’m in the UK with a car, why does it matter where?

OG – It doesn’t really. I wasn’t aware I was making a big deal of it anymore? If you want to see me then I’m happy to do so. Your call now

DM – Yeah, maybe. I’ll think about it.

Sunday 28th Jan 07
(With a pre-planned babysitter and no immediate plans (long story)…)

OG – Are you busy tonight?

DM – Yeah, sorry. Meeting with S and D for dinner. I’m in Paris until Thursday. Next weekend is open!

OG – Ok. Will have to be Sat then. I’m busy Fri. Enjoy Paris

(frustrated crying scene deleted).


1 week, 4 sunbeds, 0 calories, 1 haircut, 300 aimless driving miles, and 3 zillion cigarettes later…

Saturday 3rd Feb 07
@ 2pm
OG – Are we meeting tonight?

@ 4pm
DM - Don’t know.

OG – Well make a decision…

@5.30pm
OG – I don’t know why you bothered contacting me to then do this, but it’s obviously more to do with you than anything to do with me. You know where I am and you could come fix it anytime, but you haven’t. So I’ll make it easier for both of us… I give up! You can say I didn’t love you enough. You get to be right. Happy now? I hope you find what you’re looking for, but that’s obviously not me, so please don’t contact me again

3 comments:

Ordinary Girl said...

Lol. Thank you "friend"!

K said...

I empathize. I do. Don't beat yourself up for being there. I've been there, at some point everyone has been there. But trust me on this, you not contacting him bothers him more than anything else. I learned that lesson and realized that living well is the best 'revenge' - not in the vindicitive sense, but for yourself and for any future partner you have.
He's more confused than a pubescent boy and you don't need that headache - and I know you know that, like I know it with my ex....ask yourself what advice you'd give your daughter and follow that.

Tobiwan said...

It's a shame you can't send Kung-fu kicks to the head through Text.