Saturday, December 02, 2006

Another year!

My head is hurting!

For those of you that remembered my birthday, and commented, thank you very muchly. I am flattered :-)

Did I mention my head hurts by the way?

Birthday synopsis...

Tralalalala
  • Lots of lovely birthday wishes.
  • A relatively easy day of training for work
  • Lovely evening with dozen friends, some of whom I haven't seen for a while
  • Yummy scrummy chinese food
  • Some really nice/cool/thoughtful pressies
  • Dancing in favourite pub
  • Lots of laughing until early this morning, helped by copius (for me) amounts of plum vodka and ouzo (yes you did read that right!)

More ah than tralalalala

  • A wobble - it's a year that I've been officially single, although it took me until 4.20pm to realise I hadn't had a birthday text from that individual. I wasn't expecting one, and I didn't really want one to be honest, that door is closed now, but having the thought and realising the progress that I've made for it to take so long to come is kind of what upset me. (Not sure that makes sense, but there you go!)
  • I think I've seriously set the ball rolling in terms of finishing it with CM, which is not a pleasant thing to do, especially not at 5.30am after a birthday night out!
  • I drunken text Sexy Gardener :-/ (Nothing too bad on checking this morning, thank god).
  • And did I mention my head hurts??

And I'm supposed to be going to a party in home town, followed by a funk night over in local town tonight! Think I'm too old already....

6 comments:

Vi said...

You are NEVER to old, OG. Glad you had a good one. Long may the partying continue!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy Birthday OG! hope the hangover clears as the day goes on! Been ill with sickness thing too so will love ya and leave ya now!

Wild Cat said...

Happy Birthday (belated!)

Mummy said...

i know what u mean about ur wobble. and its a celebration really, it took u to that late to think about it, and then u took time to mourn it a little. thats healthy, and normal.

cracking up at the drunken text to SG, you musta been sweating when u checked ur sent items in the morn. i hate it when i do that!

Ordinary Girl said...

Thank you thank you thank you!

Hope you get better soon andrew! (and don't come spreading your bugs round here, lol x)

I know it's a positive Joie, just a sad one. And yes, I know!! Relieved is not the word!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a damn good birthday to me! Belated happy returns!