Monday, December 04, 2006

It's official

Yay! I am now officially single again! Woooooohoooooo!!!

After much consternation (yes that's constERNATION, not bowel problems!!) today about the CM situation, particularly after the somewhat unsatisfactory end to Friday night, I decided to take the bull by the horns, get my head out of the proverbial sand, and be brave! So I text him!! (Hey, there's a limit to how brave a girl can be!!)

After half an hour composing a suitably friendly, honest and kind way to dump him, I ended up with this monstrosity...

Hi there, hope you're ok. Sorry about Friday night, I didn't plan for that to come out that way. I'm not very good at this sort of stuff. You're a great bloke, it's just not really the right time for me I think. I'd still really like to see you more often than I used to, if only for cheesy jokes :-), but I really need to concentrate on the kids and work, and I don't want to get to the point where I'm being a bitch to you. You're worth more than that. I hope you understand and we can go back to being mates ok, but I'll understand if not. Take care and I will hopefully see you soon. x PS. Sorry about texting, I'm a chicken :-/

So, I take a deep breath and hit send!

Five minutes later my phone beeps. I wince, open it like it may explode in my hand and check the name. Yep! CM replies. With eyes half shut I click open, and read...

Lol. Me too. Didn't want to spoil your birthday, but couldn't tell you that I didn't feel things were right for me :-) Hope we can still be friends too :-D

Laughing my arse off!!!! All that angst! All for nothing! Bloody bollocking bastard!

Only one thing left to say...


NEXT!

12 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

Bloody typical! LOL!

Welcome to single city, babe :-)

Persian Princess said...

hehe, "NEXT!" - love it!! new meat is what it's all about though OG, hope you find someone suitably tasty soon :-)

The Boy said...

OFten life is far less stressful than we'll think it'll be. Well done!

always kris said...

Ditto what Boy said!!! Often we build things up to be ten times worse than they really are!

Sam said...

Relief on it not getting messy! But then on the other hand, 'Why isn't he heartbroken? I'm fucking AWESOME!

Eileen Dover said...

Oh geez!

I sent Maverick the 'nice' letter today and wished him luck in his future search of women...

...and the dude was following me as I drove home!

(Well, I think he was picking his kids up from school.)

Bloody men. Screw the lot of them!

MommyHeadache said...

Congratulations on such a nice civilized break up.

Ordinary Girl said...

Thank you FB! It's a place I know and love! (Just not all the bloody time!!)

Goro - yum, yum, could do with a nibble ;-)

You're so right Boy and Kris!

Lol, Sam. I'm with you on this one. There was a smidgen of "Oy" about it, but at least I got in there first! Hehehe. And in the great scheme of things, I'll settle for that!

LMAO Eileen. You gone and got yourself a stalker, lol. I wonder if he had read the letter when he saw you. I bet he was mortified! That or pleased then and mortified later. Ah well, shame shame!

Thank you Emma. And welcome. I'm feeling distinctly civilised now! (Sure the old uncivilised will be back soon though!)

Anonymous said...

It seems to have been a day of Dear Johns today then, how do us men cope with all of the rebuttals?

Not that I get many myself, but I'm a total coward and tend to go into ignore mode and hope they get the hint or meet somebody else!

Onwards and upwards eh OG!

Ordinary Girl said...

Yes sleepy, texting is a wonderfully cowardly way of delivering the big E!

And I think I'd rather in and up now you come to mention it!

Tobiwan said...

There's nothing more relieving than making a clean break like that.

Glad to hear you're on the market again...not that you need any more filthy texts.

*adjusts halo*

Ordinary Girl said...

Lol Tobi. Not sure how interesting the market will be I have to say, but will do my utmost to ensure dirty texts are relayed. Purely for prosperity of course ;-)