Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Out with the old...

Not content with yesterday's clutter and junk purge, I have continued this evening with yet more sorting, (I must need to get laid!!), and have spent this evening going through stacks of old photographs and sorting them into date order so that I can finally get them put in X and Y's photo albums at some point in the near future. Not content with that I then decided to check out and organise/delete the photo's I had stored on my pc, in a vain attempt to get the technology mice (or whatever it is that makes my computer work) to run a little faster on their wheel! End result being two neat and tidy stacks of photo's, and a brand new pc folder with about 70 pics from last August to this to print off!

While I was going through the debris that is my pc, I found the following little gem that X wrote (well dictated and I wrote, but it is all her own work!) for my sisters wedding back in May, and as I'm feeling pretty nostalgic after spending the best part of the last four hours looking at pictures of our life I thought I would post it for you all to read. (That and I'm too damn lazy to be inventive, and my life is too damn boring to be of any great interest!! Ho hum!).

So, here you go...

‘What is Love?’ by X (6yr old daughter)
Love is … taking care of each other.
Love is … making each other feel happy
Love is … buying nice clothes.
Love is … hugging and kissing.
Love is ... caring about each other.

Love is … being nice.
Love is … being kind.
Love is … buying treats.
Love is … doing what you are told.
Love is … feeling proud of each other.


It all sounds so simple, doesn't it...?

9 comments:

Eileen Dover said...

That is so sweet!

For the most part, so true, too.

I'd be much happier in love if someone was nice and bought me treats.

Unknown said...

Aww how cute is X?

Mummy said...

Deep for a 6 yr old! I love buying nice clothes and hugging and kissing, it all sounds so spot on, and then ending with the bestest 'feeling proud of each other' , clever girl.

Angela-la-la said...

Aww, what a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

It must be the time of year for nostalgia! I'm planning on sorting out and scanning all of my old photos this weekend too!

I know of some highly embarassing ones that need to be archived for the family history! Good stuff!

Love is pretty simple on paper isn't it! If you have two like minded people, who can follow X's definition, it looks like a recipe for happiness. Sometimes I guess we should think more like children instead of over analysing and over complicating things.

Vi said...

She's got it in a can. It's amazing how little girls understand love so young (cause that's how we treat them!) Jasmine's 5 year old girl loves to watch couples kissing. She asked AC and I have a long passionate kiss in front of her!!!!! (Then she said whe wanted to be AC's girlfriend!)

I got hundreds of photos on the laptop but rarely print them off!

Anonymous said...

X is pretty astute for six year old.

Doing what I'm told? I try. Sigh.

Ahh the wonders of seeing through a child's eyes.

I like what Sleepless said "Sometimes I guess we should think more like children instead of over analysing and over complicating things." Hmmm...yeah.

Angela-la-la said...

But isn't that what being in love brings us to? That pure state of childlike wonder and utter simplicity where the only thing that seems to matter is niceness, whatever form it takes?

Seen from that view it's no surprise that it's what adults bogged down with responsibility crave the most.

ps.

Re the word verif thing, I always have to have two goes in order to prove I'm a real human person but this isn't restricted to your blog by any means so blame bloody beta!

Anonymous said...

I think you are right FB, that's why we feel (and act) like teenagers again when we fall for someone?