Wednesday, December 06, 2006

OG revealed!

Well, as some of you nosey little parkers have been donning your deerstalkers and smoking your pipes, I've decided to let the cat out of the bag officially regarding tonight's "date" and put you all out of your misery! This evening, I did, indeed meet the all revered Sleepless!!

If you want the rundown of how/where/when etc then go here... http://sleeplessinstaffordshire.blogspot.com/2006/12/who-is-she-who-is-she.html where, as usual, he has captured it in his usual succint and delightful fashion. For further details about "the man himself", and for comment on the "looks, attraction, chemistry and anything like that", (which he has very nicely avoided by the way!!), then stick around here just a little longer...

So, after some problems with traffic and my appalling sense of direction (granted), not to mention some questionable directions... (it's a bloody ROUNDABOUT!), we finally meet! I'm not going to go too much into the evening, as he has described it so well (including dodgy eavesdropping bloke who I am sure at this very moment is trying to track us both down in Blogland!!), so instead, on to the gossip... (which I know is what all you ladies are really wanting after all!!).

The conversation flowed and there was much laughing and giggling, which I'm sure would have got much much more raucous had we carried on the evening longer than we did. I don't think either of us dominated the conversation, (which is a miracle in my case!), and we discussed a range of things from the downright mundane to the much more interesting! I did learn some stuff about him, although I don't think much more than I had already picked up (I'm a perceptive little bugger you know!), and I think he has a slightly better idea of me as a whole person, although perhaps not in any great details. He was very easy to talk/listen to, and I felt comfortable with both him and the whole situation pretty much from the off, which I am pretty sure was reciprocated.

Physically, he was much smilier than in the pictures I have seen, although he was pretty much what I was expecting (no 92yr olds with buck teeth here, thank goodness!), and first impressions in that department were pretty good. He is an attractive man, although as I have said to him previously not exactly "my type". All good though, as I said yesterday I wasn't really expecting any massive romantic developments, for varying reasons, (one of which he confirmed without knowing pretty much straight away!!).

However... (and yes there is a however!) despite the above, (and not only am I putting myself on the line but I may also be wrong here!) I did feel there was a spark of chemistry there, for me at least. Not a blatant phrooarghh factor, but a very subtle undercurrent (and I have to admit to a tiny damp patch in the underwear area...!). I don't think enough to really proactively pursue, especially not considering the distance factor, but definitely something that if we repeated the evening a few times may develop into something physical, even if short-lived! (I'm interested to know by the way young(ish), (lol, sorry, couldn't resist!) Sleepless (even if in a private arena to save my dignity!)... Am I way off the ball here??)

I'm pretty sure that my original opinion that I am probably not his physical "type" (which he has annoyingly and very diplomatically not commented on! Grrr!!) remains accurate, despite the 'come to bed eyes' compliment, but he's a hard man to read, so who knows? Back to you on that one I guess Sleepless..!

So, will we be doing it again...? I don't know is the short answer! I would like to actually, and I would like to see him out of the suit, and somewhere loud and raucous where we could properly go for it on the twatting around, giggling and having a laugh factor. Anything more than that I don't know, but I do know he's a man I could definitely enjoy spending some time with and having a laugh with, if nothing else.

So, ladies, ask all the questions you wish (bearing in mind I won't answer anything that would infringe on his privacy, etc), while you can. Better be quick though, as I'm off for a libido inducing fiddle!

14 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

I knew it! lol!

So, which bloggers did you talk about then huh? huh? ;-)

(Good to read that your libido has woken up a bit too - happy fiddling, babe!)

Mummy said...

i havent read all the way yet, but i would like to just respond to the nosey parker comment ... u put it up here knowing we will read. there is hotmail if you and sleepless wanna keep it between you two only!!!! right, indignant rather than nosey joie will now go read the gossip YOU have posted. Jeez, dont make me get all DM on ur ass!

Eileen Dover said...

Haha that is awesome! I'm glad you had a good time.

Do you guys get American soap operas over there? This is like our own little Days of our Lives.

Just... Why? said...

The plot for Blogland just writes itself! I'm off to earwig on Sleepless' post (yes, that dodgy eavesdropper... was ME!)

Ho hum, not really. But it's the kind of thing I'd do - give me a set of nets to twitch and I'm in heaven lo :-p

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both had fun OG:) Remember only tell us the gossip if you feel comfortable with doing that!

now not too many fiddles I hope - you jhave work in the morning!

Vi said...

Ahhhh, it was only a matter of time. Eileen, unfortunately they don't get DOOLS over here, but I'm working on the Soap, BLOGLAND! OG, Sleepless, keep the fodder coming! I know you two want to play yourselves!

Ordinary Girl said...

All about you, of course, FB ;-)

Joie - In my defence to your indignation... I only mentioned an internet man (not even a fellow blogger) and sleepless hadn't mentioned it at all, but you and others had obviously picked up on a connection and were digging for confirmation, both before and after this weeks posts/events. I consider that to be nosey! (In the nicest possible way of course - and just as I am too!) As for keeping it in hotmail... I post about stuff that's relevant in my life. Meeting sleepless was as relevant as any other male interaction, the fact that he was sleepless was not! However, I don't want to be dishonest to my readers, although this remains fundamentally MY blog for my writing about my life, so we decided to just get it out in the open and then move on. We have done. Now, after indignant response over... enjoy the gossip!

Thank you Eileen, it was lots of fun, and certainly something I would never have envisaged!! (Have to echo Sleepless's comments that this isn't a soap opera though! I'm far too ordinary after all...)

Lol JW. Well that is the beauty of Blogland I guess, we all get to sit in front of the computer and twitch away... ;-)

Cheers Andrew, nice to see you! Don't worry, I only ever chat about stuff I feel comfortable with! Actually, thinking about it, when it comes to chatting I'm comfortable about pretty much anything! Lol, thanks for the fiddle monitoring!

Ah I see Vi, you said play OURSELVES, not play with...

Persian Princess said...

ooh, how exciting...glad you had a good time OG!! am also quite envious that you have met, in the flesh, the blogging legend that is Sleepless ;-)
get writing on that Blogland script Vi!!

Novelgirl said...

I cant believe you actually met up - how brave of you!Did you take a sneaky picture of him while he was too drunk to notice? would be nice to know what the mysterious guy looks like! Glad there was a bit of chemistry - keep us posted if theres any further developments!!

Mummy said...

I personally dont think I guessed sleepless on ur comments before he and you both posted meeting someone (i cant honestly remember, and i cant be assed to go see). i think i did tease about it a while ago. Your connection is very noticeable in ur comments to each other, thats why. Thanks for explaining further, sorry if u felt u had to, i didnt mean my comment to sound so harsh that u rebound indignantly also - pair of indignants we are. To me (before i read too far, as i said in my earlier comment), it felt like u were complaining at us for commenting and asking obvious (light hearted) questions about what you had teased us with earlier. wot uve said above shows it to be more that u were prepping to bare all to us instead. also im antsy that i live total other side of world and will never have chance to meet and enjoy what u guys have. green eyed not so pretty monster.

after i read, i felt all my questions about sleepless were too rude and invasive to post here and pointless if u didnt shag! ;-)

Tobiwan said...

I've often fantasized how it would be to meet some of my blog friends in the real world. Would we get along well? Would we proceed to the snogging followed by senseless shagging?

When it finally happens, I suspect there will be good times to be had~the same reasons why we get along in cyberspace as well.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! You met each other!

Ordinary Girl said...

Goro - Lol, now control that green eyed monster! He is just a man after all :-) Oh and by the way Vi, he couldn't think of any famous person that I resemble either!!

RG - hello and welcome! Not that brave, we had chatted for a while via email and I had seen his pictures before I met him, so all good. Not sure there will be any further developments, and pretty sure I wouldn't post them here (well maybe heavily disguised, lol), but all good.

Hey Joie, no worries. Indignation very short lived! Another green eyed monster maybe, but not so pretty? Bah, I'm sure not! And lol at the "pointless if we didn't shag". Sorry to disappoint!

Tobi - Well there was no snogging followed by senseless shagging (can shagging ever be senseless by the way??), but a good time had by all anyway!

Lol Fwengy, we certainly did!!

Anonymous said...

all i can say is, what a lucky guy,
I bet all the guys would love to meet you, but you probabally know to much about us all, lol,
I would have had to have a good snog before I went, no harm in a good snog, xx