Sunday, September 30, 2007

Straight

Well the Complex clan are now officially the straightest haired clan in "Somewhere in England"! Y is getting to that age where he likes to have his unruly mop of hair straightened (his one teenage trait so far), and so after swimming, showering and hair washing today, I set to work with the miracle of modern hair appliances and he has gone to bed with the mop duly tamed! Of course X had to get in on the action, so she is also now sleek and shiny, and my straightened coiffure completes the set.

Went out last night with Bea and Geri to a local pub in the same village as The Nun. However, whilst The Nun is on the wine bar side of things, The Dandelion is just the opposite! A typical spit and sawdust kind of place - complete with the very faint whiff of spilt beer and sweaty men, and full of tractor driving locals. That said, the people are always pretty friendly and easygoing, and last night they had a good pub band on, playing a range of songs including such wide ranging classics as 'Purple Rain', 'Chasing Cars', 'Maggie May' and 'Freebird'. There was much caterwauling, some dodgy dancing and lots of making fun of boys, so a pretty successful night.

In other news I have spent, spent, spent this weekend - and am now broke of course! But have bought some new clothes for me, some DS games for X and Y (for having reached their 100 star reward charts), paid all the bills for the month and have food in the house to last us at least a week - so may now have no money but a pretty successful spending!

Not sure what's happening with Space. We have still been emailing and last night I emailed him through MySpace with my email address, but I've heard nothing from him at all today - and I see another female friend has been added to his friend list in the last couple of days, so who knows! I'm not entirely sure about pursuing it anyway, and the problem with online interaction is that you can know too much about their other online activity - which doesnt make for trusting beginnings! I'm just going to let things lie and wait for him to respond before I contact him again, whilst continuing to see where it takes me without investing anything significant in terms of emotion and time. A most sensible plan methinks!

5 comments:

Kahless said...

I love spending money!

Your right about the problems with online activity. Its not quite so anonymous as some people might think.

And yes youthinks a sensible plan!

:-)

Lady in red said...

it looks to me like the thing with space is going along similar lines to my thing with neptune. I know hes been online today but he hasn't been in contact. like you I am taking it with a pinch of salt....not even sure if I want it to go further than emailing.

good for you doing all that successful spending.
two of my boys use straighteners...though I really don't see the point in doing it before a visit to the gym!! I tried it last autumn but couldnt get the nhang of them and an hour later the curls were back so it was a pointless excercise for me.

Fire Byrd said...

Yep I'm in agreement with your thinking here.
You don't know where he's been!!
Or who he's being playing with!!

By the way of all the names I get called i like yours best and i've been meaning to tell you for ages.
pxx

Waynecoff said...

i have spent way to much this month and last month,,
play safe honey .. x

Complex Girl said...

I know Kah - the problem is I always go mad the first weekend of payday, and then have to live like a pauper for the rest of the month!!

Well I did email him again - a very short "how are ya" type of message, but have still not heard anything. Perhaps offering my email address was a step too far, or more likely he has found someone more interesting to "play" with. Ah well, them's the breaks!

Aw, thank you pixiepie! I think you have mentioned it before. I'm not fussed to be honest, in fact I have real aversions to meeting people online now due to that mistrust level. Hopefully the next bloke I meet will be a technophobe :-)

Dreadful, isn't it Wayne? But so good! I will certainly try :-)