Monday, September 24, 2007

Henny hen hens

A quick catch up...

Friday was spent a little less tired than the previous few days, and I managed to be up until just gone midnight. Woohoo! Started a new (fabulous book), which kept me engrossed through Friday evening and then Saturday afternoon.
Saturday morning the usual swimming pool run, complete with raging spat with X which resulted in me having to go outside for a cigarette to stop me bursting into tears in the changing rooms. Fortunately her mood improved after swimming and we headed into town for the obligatory spending of a whole British pound pocket money. The afternoon saw X at a party (Y was at his dads this weekend) from 1-3pm, which left me enough time to nip to Sainsbury's, run the bath, grab some lunch, and bath, wash and dye my hair before picking her up again. An hour or so reading for me and DVD watching for her, a visit by Bea (who fabulously lent me £20 and straightened my hair) and then X's dad came to collect her for the evening at 5.45pm, leaving me plenty of time to don clothes and make-up before heading for the dogs.

We had arranged to meet the others (all from local town) at a hometown place for the minibus to pick us up, and arrived to find that the hair straightening had all been in vain as along with the obligatory hen partys sashes, curly afro wigs had been supplied!

Off we set, all 18 of us, driving for an hour before arriving at the greyhound racing track. Needless to say, much giggling occurred, a delicious 3 course meal was eaten (we were in the VIP section), several alcoholic drinks were partaken of, various placings of wigs was undertaken, and losing/winning of money transpired. All in all it was a really good night.

See for yourself (for 24hrs anyway)...
(apologies for quality of photo's - more due to wobbliness of photographer than camera phone I must say!)

Oh, too late...!

9 comments:

Waynecoff said...

making me think of the song, what a lovely day we had on the way to bangor.

Lady in red said...

lol at wayne

glad you had such a ball

Angela-la-la said...

Looks like a good night was had by all - not sure about those rotten wigs tho! lol!

The Boy said...

Now can someone please explain to me just why hen nights need wigs/hats/t-shirts? Does look like a good time had by all.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Looks like you had a top time, though the wigs are most dodgy!

Kahless said...

great to put a face to a name!

Complex Girl said...

Lol, well it wasn't quite Bangor Wayne, but I can certainly see why you'd think that :-)

Cheers Lady - it was a good night, though relatively tame for a hen night I think!

Tell me about it FB!! I was most disgruntled. Have to get into the spirit of things though.

Lol, I think it's so when the hens get completely trollied, they no which direction to head in for home - by following the ghastly joke attire :-)

I must say it's not a look I'm intending to keep BG! Not to mention the hot and itchiness factor :-/

Ah, that your first peek at me Kah? And such a delightful one! Not!!

Joanna Cake said...

Why do I always miss the bloody photos? You're just as frustrating as Vi!!!!

Complex Girl said...

Lol, you will just have to be quicker! Will give you the heads up next time - though with this lot you really didnt miss that much!