Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Time flies

Blimey! How is it Wednesday already? Don't know where the week has gone!

To recap on the weekend, which seems so long ago now that I can't remember all I was going to post, a simple resume -

The good - a night out with Bea, flirting with cute (but inconsequential) boy from local city, dancing in local dive to typical local dive music
The bad - getting home and missing Him, engaging in a pointless text conversation with Him (at his instigation bizarrely), not getting to sleep until 5am as a result
The strange - CBI boy and mate behaving most bizarrely after a few too many beers, bumping into lots of people I haven't seen for simply ages, spending much of the night in a working men's club

Since then, a peaceful and lazy Sunday, an average work Monday, a very busy Tuesday including work all day, governor's meeting early evening and outreach until 12am, and here we are. Wednesday already!

Today was a good day though, as I found out that we (the work team) have been shortlisted for a national award that I applied for a while back. Yay!! So we're off to some kind of local ceremony for shortlistees next week.

So there you have it. Such exciting times...

9 comments:

Vi said...

Yes I always find the working mens clubs strange!

congrats on the short listing!

Lady in red said...

congratulations and hope all your hard work is rewarded.

I was supported by outreach during my divorce so I know you are doing a worthwhile job.

oh and after mentioning my broken tooth last week I lost a good half of what was left of it on saturday!! jinxed myself I recon.

Fire Byrd said...

Ignoring everything you've said, cause I'm pissed and that's my excuse.....
Please please come to my party, have it as your birthday party.

I would so love to meet you.
I know you've met some of the others, but .....
hugs
pixiepie xx
ps you have to come for no other reason than I love your name for me best!!!
xx

nonny said...

arrrgh, I hate when you meet somone like that, it pisses ye right off all the next day


cool blog!

Alfie said...

So glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Best of luck with the award.

Fat Controller said...

Congratulations on being shortlisted. I hope you and your team go all the way (if you see what I mean).

Angela-la-la said...

I don't know how you fit it all in! (as the actress said to the bishop - fnarr fnarr)

Congrats on the shortlisting and have fun at the do!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Bleurgh to those crappy late night texts when you've vowed not to. Congrats on your award shortlist, have a great time at the ceremony!

Complex Girl said...

Cheers Vi. Most certainly not a habitat I intend to frequent any more often!

Thanks Lady. Not as a working girl though I hope?! Bad luck about the tooth!

Lol drunken pixiepie. I would love to come but really don't know. Is the date absolutely fixed?? I know Lady is struggling with that date also.

Welcome nonny! It really wasn't that big a deal to be honest, inconsequential indeed.

Thank you alfie. My team do a fabulous job and they deserve the credit!

Lol FC, well we will try to! :-)

FB - Some days neither do I! Keep on keeping on though.

Cheers BG. And he started it!! I should have just ignored it, but never one to let someone else have the last word. Have you noticed...?