Saturday, September 08, 2007

Invisible (and freckled)

I somehow managed to drive to work in an invisible car this morning. Or at least that's what it felt like as I drove along the dual carriage-way only to be cut up or blatantly ignored 3 bloody times in the space of the 15 minute drive!

By some miracle I arrived at work safely, where I managed to continue the last two days experience of very productive working up until about 1pm where I just lost the will to work, so spent the latter two hours completely unproductively before finishing at 3pm to pick up X and friend from school and the obligatory McDonalds run followed by a trip to the park to enjoy the evening sunshine.

Finally packed said friend off home at just after 8pm, and had not long been in before Bea arrived fresh (though sweaty) from an evening exercise class, for a quick couple of hours of chat before I finally managed to get some peace and quiet in my own house, not to mention sate the endless blog/internet addiction.

And that's that! First week back to school/work/normality over!

There was a high point of excitement mid-afternoon when as I was checking my reflection in the toilet mirror whilst washing my hands I thought I had a new freckle. Turned out to be a chocolate smudge!

6 comments:

Alfie said...

You didn't mention the chocolate until then. At what point during your busy schedue did you indulge yourself? And with what? (You're allowed to advertise and might get a year's supply.)

Vi said...

So did you lick it off? Can't waste chocolate now, can we?

Lady in red said...

lol at chocolate freckle.....my baby often had ketchup freckles

Fire Byrd said...

Sometimes life is just soooo exciting!A whole choclate smudge, not just a bit, but a whole one.

Sorry tried to be more deep and meaningful but failed miserably here.
px

BenefitScroungingScum said...

You know my feelings about chocolate! How can you hide where it came from?! BG x

Complex Girl said...

Lol, for breakfast I think Alfie! Someone kindly left a box of chocolate biscuits in the office. Well, what's a girl to do...? :-)

Oh most certainly Vi! With a moistened finger!

Yes, X gets all manner of non-permanent freckles all the time.

Lol, yes that is the most exciting thing in my life at present! And no fear for lack of deep and meaningful. I'm trying to avoid at the moment!!

I was afraid you might sneak over and ask for a bite :-)