Sunday, September 16, 2007

Supermum

So the weekend is already over!

Yesterday was the usual Saturday routine in the morning, X's swimming lesson (no SPM to ogle this week!), followed by the weekly visit to the library, then into town to the sweetie kiosk so X can spend an hour (it feels like) deciding what £1 pocket money can be spent on, a walk back to the car via the chip shop for chips for the kids, and off home again. The afternoon was fabulously peaceful though as X went off to daddy's at 2pm and didn't return until nearly 8.30pm, so Y and I spent the afternoon playing his new game for the Wii (mostly him) and reading (mostly me), and tackling the cleaning (both of us) so the pig sty as was would miraculously transform into a house respectable enough for someone (Lily) to visit!

Lily arrived about 8.30pm, just before X, so it was a bit like a madhouse for a couple of hours; trying to obtain and then order an indian takeaway, whilst also avoiding Lily and Y flailing arms around in a manner likely to cause injury to any innocent telephone call making individual, during a particularly intense bout of Wii Tennis, and trying to calm an over-hyped and excitable X!

Fortunately things calmed down eventually and after indian takeaway had arrived and been munched and X had gone to bed (at 10pm!) we managed to get a good few hours of gossiping in until all of a sudden it was 1am! (Y had gone to bed at 11.30pm by the way, I'm not that bad a mother!). So, an hour of reading later and off to the land of nod.

Was woken this morning to the sound of darling children's voices (read: squabbling over who was playing what on the Wii), right in the middle of a lovely, lovely dream about Robbie Williams! Not rude before you think it, just lovely chatting and being excited to be chatting. I probably woke up before the rude bit came along. Damn children!!

Amazingly for me (considering it was only 10am and a Sunday) I decided after a few minutes of trying (and failing) to recreate the Robbie dream that I might as well get up, so pottered downstairs and let the day begin with boiled eggs and soldiers. Spent much of the rest of the day washing, drying and putting away (well mine, the kids do their own) mountains of laundry (it was perfect washday weather today) in between bouts of reading on the sofa, some flapjack making with X and Y this afternoon, and then a barbecue dinner, before tidying up, hoovering (again!), bathing and bed! And now peace reigns. Aaah!

8 comments:

Vi said...

Hhhmmmm, I could chow down on an indian right now after reading that!

Fire Byrd said...

so I did the ironing, washed my car, cleaned the bathroom, cooked lunch, had a nap.... see equally as exciting as yours.
pxx

Lady in red said...

glad you had a good weekend

Alfie said...

Supermum indeed. Sad we have so little control over our dreams. I've checked out something called "lucid dreaming" on the web. It's supposed to give you the control you would need. Couldn't get the hang of it myself.

Lily said...

Great night, arm still aching after fab game of tennis on wii with y. Hubby came home with one last night so I'll be practising for a return visit. Y watch out!!!

Fat Controller said...

Well, after years of trying I have finally found a game at which I can whoop Sons' ass...Tenpin bowling on Wii sports. He just can't get the coordination right!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Wii's are such fun! The left over indian takeout from saturday is quietly going off in my fridge.

Complex Girl said...

I'm so not good for your healthy eating Vi :-)

Glad I'm not the only one pixiepie! Though you seem to be up to lots of exciting and enjoyable times at the moment so I don't feel too sorry for you :-)

Thanks Lady

I'm actually pretty good at controlling dreams Alfie, well bad ones anyway, I can usually wake myself up or be aware enough to move the story to a happier place. Will have to check out that lucid dreaming though!

Lol Lily girl! Will warn Y to get practising for the return match!!

That's another of Y's favourites FC, so you might struggle with him :-)

Oh BG, you mean you didn't have an indian breakfast...?