Monday, September 03, 2007

Deaths and Births

Well I've calmed down a bit since yesterday, though I'm still pissed off - not upset though, just mad, which is better. I know that logically he actually hasn't done anything wrong, after all we're not together and when I went out in May I knew he'd been internet dating, I just didn't expect to have the reality face me like that, and I still don't like the cocky manner he commented that to a near stranger. Exactly the reason I wasn't going to check his sites, and so I've bloody learnt now! Unfortunately, emotions don't tend to be led by logic!!

To explain the move, it wasn't a gut reaction, more that yesterday was the straw that finally pushed me to finally start anew. This blog has been sitting and waiting to be born since the end of May, as the following (unpublished) OG post may explain...

17th May
"I don't know whether I will ever get to publish this post. Although I suspect it's very likely.

I have been off work today, mainly because I had a lot of stuff I needed to process, and I needed to give myself time to do that. So I have spent much of the day driving, and thinking, and thinking, and driving.

I have just emailed DM. My final thoughts I guess - a practical solution to the situation, rather than an emotional one. I have done the emotional so many times already. I don't know whether it will be enough, but I do know that I've now done and said all I can possibly do. That helps. A little.

And now? Now, I've been planning. Planning for a future with him, but also planning for a future without. I can feel the end drawing ever nearer, as much as I don't want it to, and although when I went to San Francisco I knew it wouldn't be make or break, I have a feeling that the next time I see him (in just over a week), it will be. So I'm making plans for the worst.
It helps me be in control. It helps me to resolve.

I started writing this blog a long time ago now, or so it feels, and I wrote it for me; to help me deal with the situation, to learn about myself, to remember, and to either move things forward or end them. I also wrote it for him; to help him understand me, to say the things I needed to say, to make him remember, to either move things forward or end them. I'm glad I did, but it has become a double edged sword just lately, and is one of the things that helps continue the connection between us.

I blog, he reads, I know he reads. And so it continues.

I love that he does, but if he and I must stop, then this blog must also stop, me wanting him to read must also stop. It really is that simple. He can't continue to be a part of my life from afar, and I can't continue to be a part of his on the sidelines. It may not have seemed it for the last couple of years, but at heart I'm a main player kind of girl."


So, the time has finally come for me to start anew, hopefully with lots of adventures along the way...

12 comments:

Wild Cat said...

Good for you!! I hope that one day I can do the same, start a new blog, start a new 'life' without that one person, who no matter what, still has control of my heart and my thoughts!

One day we will all get what we what and what we deserve! :o)

xx

Waynecoff said...

hi og, i wondered where you went, i clicked on your link a couple times, and it was gone, I was thinking to ask in my blog had anyone seen where you went,
"sorry to say this, but he is a typical guy, thats what we do, we are total scummers, I don't know why we do it, but we can't help ourselves, its no exuse for him, or me, i am not saying how he treated you, i mean the fact that guys, talk, and boost about there conquests, and don't ever condsider the feelings of there conquestee, "

B. said...

Hey OG (or QSC I should say). It's a good first step to start anew, and I'm very happy that you're not giving up on blogging altogether because as you know, many of us out there support you and really enjoy reading your blog.

Stay strong!

B.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I think you're being very brave to try and put a stop to all this in the way that you are now. It's one thing knowing it needs to be done, and quite another being able to do it. Well done you. I've got to do exactly this with Big. We can support each other through it if you like? BG x x

JRTC (formerly ATM) said...

Honestly I've no idea what to say for the best...I want to say "twat" but I know you'll always love him. My best hope is that you can move on, learn and find someone much more worthy.

In my bid to support you I believe that ATM should go....and JRTC should be born:
(just round the corner):-)

Kahless said...

You have my support. And I look forward to reading about all your new adventures!
xx.

Quote said...

I think you should see a doctor.

Complex Girl said...

Hear hear to that Cat!

Found me now :-)

Thanks B. Hopefully I will have some interesting stuff for you to enjoy soon!

Well it's taken a long, long time and a lot of false starts, but moving is a significant step for me. Will do my best to help you out with Big x

JRTC - cheers chicken! And lol at "your bid to support me", only you could think of that. Much appreciated xx

Cheers Kah.

Oh the thought has crossed my mind many a time Quote!!

Vi said...

Well done for finally making the move mate. Time to move on in a BIG way! Go forth and flirt your butt off with others!

The Boy said...

Ha, found you!

Now that's good reasoning.

Fire Byrd said...

Stay strong, and when your not just blog rather than any daft girlie upset stuff. He's so not worth that energy.
pxx

Complex Girl said...

Well it's taken a while Vi, as you know, but here's to the future!

Thanks duddler. And it wasn't too hard to find me after all ;-)

Thanks pixiepie. I know, and will try my best x