Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a week

Phew! That's about all I can say about this week! Yet again it's flown by.

Work has kept me busy as usual, with a hectic day on Thursday that included a call to the ambulance service for a client, not to mention having to nab a police officer, and then some lurking behind our front door waiting for an opportune moment to escape home! In the midst of this I have to field a call from school about Y, who is currently struggling with raging teenage hormones and "first love" experiences, followed by the trip to Manchester which started with leaving home at 7pm (an hour late - as per usual!) and finished after a last minute wrong turn, with finally arriving at hotel at 10pm.

As a result of this I didn't get to catch up with Mick as planned, but instead settled for pizza at the hotel before a couple of hours gossip with Bride from work (who came with me) and then in bed by midnight. The conference was good, (although would have been better if I'd been speaking!), but by the time we fought through the rush hour traffic and had travelled 3 junctions the wrong way up the M6 before being able to turn around, it was 9.30pm before I collected X from her dad's and arrived home!

Fortunately the rest of the weekend has been quieter, and I decided not to go out last night for Straight Mate's birthday, due mainly to lack of funds and guilt about babysitters 3 nights in a row (especially considering I have evening engagements next Tue, Wed and Thurs!). Instead, yesterday was the usual swimming lessons (X has moved up a group and now starts half an hour earlier!), followed by collecting Y from Meg's and an hour or so of catch-up, into town for obligatory pocket money spending, and an afternoon and evening in front of the telly!

Today, as a reward for filling their treat cards, we went to see Mr Bean's Holiday, which was amusing and pretty much what you'd expect from a Bean movie, followed by "floating fun" at the pool - where I'm sure I was getting the eye from some bloke - KFC and then The Princess Bride followed by The Addams Family on tv before bed!

I'm sure there is probably much more exciting things to say, but this week it will have to be elsewhere I'm afraid!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Your week sounds like mine especially the babysitter guilt. Seems that when the weekend finally comes all I am capable of is collapsing on the sofa with a bottle of wine and ever expanding waistline...lol

Alfie said...

Of course you'd be getting eyed up by some bloke in the swimming pool.

Fire Byrd said...

Hope you catch your breath during the week!
pxx

JRTC said...

Good news and bad news...

The good news
I lost 16 cm in 10 weeks at the gym...

The bad news
None of my bum/thighs...all off waist and boobs...

Is it possible to get more pear shaped...apparently so...soon i will be a pyramid.

Mr JRTC loves the Princess Bride... so gay...

The Boy said...

There are worse things than a quiet weekend with the kids. I wish I could have babysitter guilt. We never get out on our own!

Complex Girl said...

Ah, the ever expanding waistline! I hear you, rach!

Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence Alfie - but, really, it's not a pretty sight!

Thanks pixiepie. Would be nice to think so, but a governor meeting tonight, a community event tomorrow night, and outreach on Thursday - plus, of course, the normal working and parenting week would dictate otherwise. I haven't even had a chance to do more than skim other people's blogs just lately!!

Oooh - you go, girl!! Sodding typical though! I also have that problem (smaller boobs, bigger arse) - but without the weight loss! As for Mr JRTC, why doesn't that surprise me...?

There are indeed worse things duddler - though I would gladly live the high life you do, with someone at home minding the babies of course :-) You and LL should organise some babysitting provision poste haste.