Monday, October 22, 2007

Down and up

Went to bed early last night with a splitting headache and 2 paracetamol. Unfortunately the paracetamol didn't work, and I woke feeling like the top of my head was in a vice at 5.30am. Just about managed to stagger downstairs and take some more paracetamol, and back to bed until 8am. Fortunately, headache had eased when I got up, but by the time I got to work at 9.30am, it was coming on again. The rest of the day was spent dosing up on the pain relief, and fortunately it seems to have cleared for good now.

My bad head was exacerbarated also by a really awful night of confused dreaming - it is all very complicated when I try and recall it now, but the upshot of it was that at 5.30am, when I woke, I had been dreaming that DM had just died, whilst with me.

I've done quite well with the DM thing the last couple of months - no contact from either of us since 9th September, lots of successful "not thinking about it, not thinking about it", and generally accepting it's done and trying to forget all about it. Last night really bothered me though. This evening I decided to hell with it and text him -
"I dreamt last night that you died. Stupidly I know need to know you're ok"
He replied, pretty quickly -
"You know, it's funny. Pierre has been visiting this week, as your text arrived, we were just talking about a dream he had last night and it's meaning. I'm fine."
Closely followed by -
"Pierre just said that, in France, if someone dreams about someone else dying, it extends their life by 7 years!"

I got what I needed from it; I feel relieved that he is okay and stupid that I doubted it - though he didn't comment on that at all. It upset me though. Just that contact made me teary, which is why I stopped having the contact in the first place. It just reminds me that I miss him.

On a brighter note, got home from work to a letter from school informing me that Y has been identified as a Gifted and Talented pupil! I am so proud I can't tell you!! This means he is in the top 10% of his year group, and also that he will get more challenging work and possibly more extra-curricular activities. He wasn't too pleased to hear that!

9 comments:

pierre l said...

Congratulations to Y on his good news from school. I also feel I should make it clear that I am not the "Pierre" mentioned in the post; I am Canadian, but I like the idea of someone's life being extended by 7 years.
I am sorry to read that you have such a difficult love life. I can offer a few cyber hugs though.

Lady in red said...

congrats on Y being gifted, my son (17 today) was identified as a gifted child. It hasn't made great deal of difference but he does now get stretched more than he would have done. The school wouldn't allow him to stay in his comfort zone.

I can understand your pride, brings tears to your eyes doesn't it.

JRTC said...

Lots to say...

1st Am glossing over the whole DM thing. Love you..
2nd (on Sundays post) MR JRTC has pointed out that funnily enough we now have a UK phone shoved in a draw here we don't use with a built in answer phone - this time with manual... Let us know - and then you can think of something more expensive from Minnie. (Also Mr JRTC says, (in alignment with Minnie) that we are also poor kiwis and we know how demanding you really are;-).
3rd Hoorah for Y, not sure how you/he managed that without our help...obviously those early years of our intellectual stimulation and sangria holidays paid off! As we kiwis say Sweet As...

The Boy said...

Listen to your dreams. You do need him dead to your life, though not dead in person. You're not letting yourself grieve and move on.

The Y news is a much much brighter note. Well done Y. Feels so good when the kids do well, doesn't it?

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Hey.. uhm... gee who are you now?

This is me. Joe. from good old aMalemind.Well It been a totally weird few months. But I am coming rtound to a semblance of normality. Will be great to catch up with all my old blogger buds soon.
Stay well O.. uhm CG.... read you again soon

Fire Byrd said...

men are such knobs, sometimes, well at least the ones that hurt us!!!

Well done on having such a clever boy, must be in the genes!
pxx

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Yuck, what an awful dream! Sorry you're missing him, I think you've done very well so far.
Congrats for Y though x

jaded angel said...

I hate dreams that feel real.

The Boy makes an interesting point though.

And whoo-hoo to Y! Wish I was gifted. Well I am but only in my mind.

Complex Girl said...

Welcome Pierre. I have to confess to being so unimaginative that pierre was the first french name I could think of! My love life is remarkably dull really, and 95% of the time I am pretty fine about it, cyber hugs appreciated though.

Yes indeed Lady, one of those rare times in my house :-)

JRTC - Firstly, glossing over is very good. I'm fine. Secondly, cheers - funny that my last phone was from you!! I am hoping to get a two set job though, that way there may be a remote chance that it will occasionally get answered!! Thirdly, of course it is all entirely down to his early years "tutoring" from you - nothing to do with fabulous mum genes or anything...

I'm moving duddler. Slowly but surely. Think it was probably the fires in SF that set that chain of thought in my head. And yes, they do (occasionally) make me proud!

Joe!!!! Where have you been hiding? Hope the blog will be back up and running soon.

Thank you pixiepie. My sentiments exactly. On both counts :-)

Cheers BG. On the whole I'm doing very well indeed. About bloody time, eh?

You have gifts of your own jaded, and don't you forget it!