Saturday, October 20, 2007

Passing it up

After an early night, I feel a bit better this morning.

I love my job, and my team - and I'm lucky that both the team and the senior management level are always really positive about the service and my work. I just seem to be unable to catch up at the moment, and after a day of flying round like a mad thing yesterday I had an incident with two staff members that upset me. It was something and nothing, to be honest, I was less than tactful - they were both offended. We did discuss it later by phone, and allis sorted now, but it just really got to me, on top of all the other work, and I would hate for any of my team to feel underappreciated - that's what upset me the most I think. Anyway, I have it more in perspective now, so will continue the battle and then look forward to over 2 weeks off at Christmas!

Sexy Gardener rang last night, and despite the wine (perhaps because of?!) I ignored his call. He may have just been ringing to pass the time of day, but at 9pm on a Friday night - I doubt it was chatting on his mind!

Not sure how I feel about it really. I had written it off as an itch that had been scratched, and whilst not denying the possibility of a revisit, I had thought it was unlikely, or would be a while (now I think about it, it's been 3 months today!). There's also a suspicion that the first time was fabulous, and a repeat performance may not live up to that, so I should quit while I was ahead.

So, as a result of all the above, I just couldn't be bothered to get into the conversation, let alone the action, last night - especially considering that the house was a mess, the bed needed changing, I've put on half a stone since then and feel like shit, oh, and I have the equivalent of a small forest growing in my knickers!

I've text just now, saying I missed his call and hope all is well, so will wait and see. I might just be persuaded tonight...

12 comments:

Lady in red said...

lmao.......the house is a mess and you have a small forest growing but you might be persuaded tonight

you are so like me

Kahless said...

lmao too!

Having been on holiday for a week I have a small forest growing on my legs!

Complex Girl said...

Aha, but the house is now clean and the forest de-forested :-) Of course, this means that I now have absolutely no chance of a shag!

Angela-la-la said...

Ah, you've had a tidy up - you've bocked it now! :)

Good on you for ignoring the call though, it never does to be always avaliable :)

Hope work calms down for you, preferably before your christmas break. Who looks after everyone over the festive period or is this a general, er - 'scuse the pun - downtime in the industry?

bedshaped said...

Perhaps he was calling to offer to trim your bush for you?

Complex Girl said...

Yes, that would indeed be the bastard "I have shaved legs and am wearing nice pants so inevitably will not get the opportunity to show them off to an available male" law of the wild!

It's not so much a down-time for clients, but a lot of services are closed around this time of the year, and it's the one time I say "fuck it" I'm taking the whole two weeks off. I do plenty of working during school holidays the rest of the year. The rest of the team will be working various bits to cover as much as possible.

Very likely bedshaped, but a bit bloody late now!

JRTC said...

Best and worst thing about life = people/interaction with people/non-interaction with people. Most are generally okay but those ones without a sense of humour...hmmm can't be bothered with that...

Glad i've got George...;-)

Lady in red said...

I didn't like to say that the chances are if you are prepared for a visitor it won't happen.

Of course I don't get visitors....the only time I can manage that is between 10.30am and 2pm on a thursday........now that doesn't fit many schedules oh and I have to give at least 2 days notice if I want a day off work ....so that takes away any spontenaiety.

Fire Byrd said...

OH I'm so pleased that you've sorted the forest problem out!
Yuu just gotta maintain standards here girl!
pxx

Vi said...

yep, I shaved my bits last night, and it's like 'now you've down it, nothing will happen'. Yep that was me last night, but hey, I wasn't in any state for it to!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

So, did the shaving law kill all chances or were you the lucky one last night?

Complex Girl said...

Sense of humour JRTC... what's one of those then? :-) I'm just glad I've got Charlie. Oh, that sounds wrong on so many levels! The cat, folks, the cat!!

Talk about having to squeeze them in Lady :-)

Yes, you are so right pixiepie. Standards will be sure to be maintained much better in future!

Murphettes Law Vi, Murphettes Law...!

Hmmm, what do you reckon BG...? ;-)