Sunday, October 21, 2007

Murphette's Law

Well, as expected, the fact that I was prepared for shagging mean't, of course, that no offer was forthcoming! Typical!!

In fact, I haven't even had a response from SG, which I'm a tad miffed about I have to admit. I suspect he will text/call when he is next in a safe environment (ie. at work and away from the wife!), as he told me once before that he sometimes deletes texts without even reading them when he's with her, as she has a tendency to read his phone. Like I'm not discreet enough to ensure that anything I text always sounds merely light and friendly!!

In other news, it was my dad's birthday yesterday, so today we had family lunch with him, his partner, her grandson, my brother D, his new girlfriend A, me and X (Y at his dads). While I'm glad that he has found someone after my mum buggered off, his partner Minnie does my bloody head in!!!! She is such a bloody moaning cow! (Says me, lol). One of the choicer snippets of conversation today...

Minnie - need to know what you all want for Christmas.
Me - haven't really thought about it to be honest. Oh, actually I do know what I want...
Minnie (interrupting) - well just remember that I'm not working now!

FFS!!! That really pisses me off. Last year for Christmas I asked for some new saucepans, the year before I asked for a new washing basket. Yeah, I know, I'm the queen of asking for really expensive presents aren't I?!

So, I told her that I wanted a new cordless phone, to be met with the kind of look that said "How much?!", which I quickly quantified with - "you can get them for about £15 you know". Her reply... "Yes, well, they're bound to be no good though!". I tell you, I was that close to saying "Do you know what, don't fucking bother then!!".

4 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

Y'know, reading things like this makes me grateful I'm estranged from most of my family! :)

Vi said...

I hate it when I'm asked that question 'what do you want?' I never have a bloody clue, apart from MONEY PLEASE!

Lady in red said...

I hate it too...........right about now my mum will start asking me.
Hell there are loads of things I could ask for but won't because I dont like to say spend this much money on me.
I know I will get a book a piece of glass or china to add to the collection at the back of my wardrobe (wedgewood or the like). a jumper or silk scarf and an asortment of bits that I wont use. Last year's presents are still in a bag by my bed.

The Boy said...

Ha, one of those people who asks, to make sure you notice they asked, but really don't want an answer.

Next time just tell her a cup of tea would be more than adequate!