Friday, October 19, 2007

Sigh

I feel like crap.

I feel like I'm drowning at work at the moment. Supporting the whole team, responsible for the success or failure of the whole service, proving to the powers that be that we are performing - and all with no support from my line manager, who I haven't seen for about 3 months due to her workload.

I usually cope with the pressures of work pretty well, but today has just been too much and I'm having a massive crisis of confidence. I just can't deal with it right now.

One glass of wine later and I feel a little better. Remarkably pissed actually, but also better. Think I might finish the bottle and then hope to just pass out!

7 comments:

Wild Cat said...

Hugs x.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

And more hugs x

Lady in red said...

lots of hugs x

bedshaped said...

Semi drunken hugs x

Waynecoff said...

well honey, hang in there, it happend to me at my last place, they call it fire fighting, just a load of bollocks really, come christmas you will get a drunken pat on the back, and they will say how well you have done. But in the big picture, no-one gives a shit as long as the boat is still afloat, I have this policy of just plodding along, if the boat goes down make sure you near to shore or have a life boat. Try not to let all the shit bother you. Keep you chin up. x

Complex Girl said...

Thanks all! All cyber (and semi-drunken) hugs received with gratitude x

Kahless said...

belated hugs from me too!
:-)